Negativity

Old 04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I wouldn't say I am overly perky-positive but I've always felt content, hopeful, kind, considerate, caring and happy, too. However, what gradually started happening with AAXBF on our "no children" days/adult days, a discomfort would creep in when it came to making plans for the night or weekend. One, it always came down to being with people or a certain crowd that was negative more than positive or just plain troubled acting before it was over. Two, it was never a "just us" time in the plans--always had to be a group thing so it would be "fun" as he said. I remember thinking after being exhausted from the kids "it will be FUN to watch something other than spongebob and have adult conversation with you and just stretch out on the couch for once!" After being around the same old, same old negative type things and people...I just started feeling bad. Plain and simple. Sure I told him. Sure I heard "huh, wonder why you can't accept there are just different types of people in this world and appreciate the differences and not let it affect you?" Oh WOW. Now--hindsight is 20/20. I do appreciate there are different types of people in this world but I know where I need to be, where I need to go, what I need to be involved in and what I don't. I can be friendly and curteous to all people BUT I am also my age, my maturity level and substance free. Some things just don't make sense until you are out of it completely. This was one of them. After having no contact with him at all--I have not had those feelings I used to have. Had and have plenty of others but nothing like the uneasiness in my gut that I couldn't quite figure out why or what during and especially the last month of being with him. Blessings come in all kinds of packages. Yes, they do.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ady gil View Post
I just want to say I respectfully disagree with what you posted above - I am 39 and part of what kept me stuck in my marriage to my STBXAH about 4 years longer that I wanted to was the belief I was too old to start over....you're never too old and it's never too late. I know men your age getting PhD's and doing things like learning to fly planes and running marathons....so I say every day is an infinite possibility and that part of your life is never over.
You are right,ady gil......and I stand corrected.

But flying planes?

....I dunno.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

well...flying a plane would surely be the ultimate stimulant for those receptors...i wouldn't be right ever again after it either....
Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Vale View Post
You are right,ady gil......and I stand corrected.

But flying planes?

....I dunno.

Mr Magoo, is that you?

Yummmm....my slice of cheesecake was the best slice in the whole cake. lol
Old 04-26-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peacedove View Post
Vale--agree with the direction reference. It's up from here for me!!

I have no friggin' idea what in the world happened with the rest of the thread on cheesecake, cheesecake and more cheesecake stuff but ok...i get there is something about cheesecake and it's a thing here. Not even sure I need to know. LOL.
peacedove,

SR can be like buying all the CDs of the 4th season of "Star Trek"
and wondering who in the hell is this "Spock" guy?

Ann is one of our many capable moderators.Without moderators,sites
like this turn into Beirut,or a bar without bouncers.When illuminating
discussions turn into cockfights,they step in and attempt to entice
said combatants to "smoke'um peace pipe".Since SR attempts to be
a smoke free environ----Ann substitutes cheesecake(WHICH DOESN'T
LAST LONG!).

Caught up yet? So if you are offline awhile and see a delicious cheesecake
-----go back a few pages and you'll see the thermonuclear exchange
that resulted in moderator action.In extreme cases---the whole
thread disappears.

Or......said in another way...............

(((((((((((NO CHEESECAKE FOR YOU!!!!!!!)))))))))))))))))

[Cheesecake Nazi]
Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thank you Vale. now i want to go all over looking for cheesecakes and then trying to figure out what or where...being that i have the time...

are you pulling my leg? if so...it's funny, too...but right now...i'd probably believe just about anything...except my ex...nothing could make me believe anything there...

cheesecake nazi. lol. mmmmmmkkkkkkkkkkk

i just haven't been here long enoug to see a war yet
Old 04-26-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Or......said in another way...............

(((((((((((NO CHEESECAKE FOR YOU!!!!!!!)))))))))))))))))

[Cheesecake Nazi]

Old 04-26-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

ok vale....i got caught up...now i'm with it and trackin'...thanks for the help! lol...i wasn't even paying attention to anything remotely close to things like that...hmmmmmm...i believe i have walked around in a cloud once before...this may be an issue! :-)
Old 04-26-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peacedove View Post
thank you Vale. now i want to go all over looking for cheesecakes and then trying to figure out what or where...being that i have the time...

are you pulling my leg? if so...it's funny, too...but right now...i'd probably believe just about anything...except my ex...nothing could make me believe anything there...

cheesecake nazi. lol. mmmmmmkkkkkkkkkkk

i just haven't been here long enoug to see a war yet
===========================================

Well,for a start,it's kinda difficult to start a war with a name like
peacedove.......may I humbly offer some alternatives if you'd like
to be a part of the "give war a chance" club?:

1) agreewithmeoryouarestupid1983
2) itsadiseaseyoumoron1981
3) itsnotadiseaseyouwanker1978
4) icanbeatthisonmyownandifyoucantyouarealoser1991
5) iliketohurtpeoplesfeelingsbutnothavethemretaliate1 980

...or just use your imagination.Soon the moderators will be parachuting
in and there will be more cheesecake than you can shake a stick at (just get there before LMN).

SR moderator.It's not just a job----it's an adventure (UN peacekeeper
experience in Bosnia a plus!)
Old 04-26-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

hahahahahahaha, yeah, i'm not going far on peacedove--hilarious. quite alright...war isn't my "thang"...however...you are funny!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluebelle View Post
I have a personal problem with being negative. Then, my bf is also negative, and it rubs off on me (and I'm sure mine runs off on him, too). It's a hard habit to change. I'm much better than I used to be. There are some negative people in my life that I do have to avoid. They are even more negative than I. They just bring me down and bring me into the negative swirl. I'm not sure what to think about those really positive people, though. Are they real? They amaze me.
Bluebelle,

Nobody likes Pollyanna's.The REAL thing about life is....it's finite,which
makes it precious.The easiest thing in the world is finding some reason NOT
to chase that one thing you wanted more than anything else in your life.

The fatal danger (for normies AND addicts) is to think that life affords
us the luxury of being cynical/negative without cost.

There's probably more than a billion people who dream of being the first to
walk on Mars.But I guarantee you----that kid is already born.He or she
dreams of it,and he or she WILL NOT be refused. By the time their boot
sinks into that red soil-----they will have expertly navigated that
ziggurat called the pyramid of life (lots of room at bottom,
little room at top).

None of us can know who they are---what nationality/sex/background.
The only thing we can be CERTAIN of: They had
ZERO excess thrust to devote to negativity/festering doubt/
tearing down of others.

They could simply not afford that luxury/guilty indulgence.

(Not if they wanted to make it to the stars)
Old 04-26-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Bluebelle -- if you really want some help addressing your negativity, try reading a book called "A Complaint Free World."

The book talks about the negative impact of complaining, is very inspirational, and also proposes a challenge to stop complaining for 21 days.

It's SO powerful. Really changed my life when I read that book and took on the challenge.

He also talks about how it's not that we don't express pain or sadness or grief or anger when that is real for us in a traumatic situation, for example, but how continuing to harp on those things is detrimental to us and others....and how complaining about small things on a regular basis eats away at our happiness and well being too.

So, if you want something practical to do that could help you address that issue of negativity you're dealing with, I think you'd really get a lot out of the book. xo
Old 04-26-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by crazybabie View Post
Phew, I have been gone for awhile now I know stay stay from the cheesecake, I will start hiding you a piece Vale.
"Will start" eh?

Clever wordplay.WILL,as in future tense....(e.g. not this time)

START,as in no progress expected "Hey,gimme a break,I just started!"

touche,Angie

(Angie 2,Vale 0)

I don't know which is worse,being bested......or no cake in belly?
Old 04-26-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

where's my cheesecake? don't make Ann put on her steel toed bunny slippers and kick some bootay. LOL

on the original topic, negativity, I never got that. I knew people who lived in a negative mindset, just never appealed to me. I prefer to see every day as a gift...even if i'm not particularly thrilled with the contents of the package! never saw life out to get me....

oh sure, when earlier this afternoon I was trying to get to a mammogram appointment and hopelessly LOST in stupid Tacoma, the most f'd up city EVER, even the stupid map showed the street order as 6th, then 3rd, then 9th???? and finally just bailing on the whole thing, I was shall we say LESS than positive. however I WAS positive I would NEVER intentionally have anything to do with the dang place again! awesome directions....and I quote...get in the LEFT lane and take the A Street/City Center exit. which by the way exits to the RIGHT. sigh.

home now. tagging up safe. got me some cheesecake. hehehe.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gentlemen, rest a while so I can speak to the gals...

In honour of Anvil's mammogram experience, I have now put the cheesecake in the fridge and anyone who wants a piece must first slam the door on their bosom...I said "slam"...and then you shall be worthy of cheesecake.

The Codie Manual of conduct, page 15 paragraph 4 section VX says, and I quote "When one codie hurts all codies hurt and if they don't they must slam their bosom in a fridge door". That's what it says...read it for yourself.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Bluebelle,

Nobody likes Pollyanna's.The REAL thing about life is....it's finite,which
makes it precious.The easiest thing in the world is finding some reason NOT
to chase that one thing you wanted more than anything else in your
Yes, I know there have been times in the past where I have given up on what I want because of doubts that it would ever come true. I think I have learned to accept that I have a right to be happy--first of all. It is ok to pursue that. Also, I always had the feeling that I needed to be ready for the next disaster/crisis. A lot of that is ACOA issues. It's a learning process.

It's not that I can't reach my goals, but it's that when I do I have a way of feeling it's not enough. So, if I got to Mars, I'd have a reason to think that I didn't do something right. I didn't get there soon enough, or something, lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shinebright7 View Post
Bluebelle -- if you really want some help addressing your negativity, try reading a book called "A Complaint Free World."

The book talks about the negative impact of complaining, is very inspirational, and also proposes a challenge to stop complaining for 21 days.

It's SO powerful. Really changed my life when I read that book and took on the challenge.

He also talks about how it's not that we don't express pain or sadness or grief or anger when that is real for us in a traumatic situation, for example, but how continuing to harp on those things is detrimental to us and others....and how complaining about small things on a regular basis eats away at our happiness and well being too.

So, if you want something practical to do that could help you address that issue of negativity you're dealing with, I think you'd really get a lot out of the book. xo
Thanks for the suggestion! I've downloaded the first chapter free to check it out. One thing that has helped this week is that there have been a couple of days where I decided that I had worried enough, and I was done for that day. I was going to have fun and not worry. Period. It actually helped.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

except I never made it TO the appointment!!! I BAILED. I would have at that point preferred to slam my bosom in my CAR DOOR! so I have deftly managed to postpone the inevitable a bit longer. yay. not to be negative or anything! (gawd I crack myself up! eek, she said crack!)
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

(With the sole exceptions of those HOGS who always finish off Anne's cheesecakes
before I even pick up the paper plate----YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!)
I am 54! Running away with graham cracker crust dropping behind me!
(muttering mine mine mine mine!)
Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

(gawd I crack myself up! eek, she said crack!)
uh oh, does that mean double tested?
okay, just do it anvil. <squeeeeeeze>
now, that didnt hurt too much did it dear?

Don't "dear" me you sadistic woman with puppies all over your nurses outfit!