Disposal of his substances

Old 04-23-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Orange Lily

Disposal of his substances

Hey everyone.

In a moment of peace and clarity (or at least what I perceive that to be), I was sitting here writing in my journal and the inkling of the thought occurred to me to go through the AXBF's bag and jacket. What would it solve? Nothing. Would it make me feel better? No. It was my obsessive codependence acting out and I did it, without emotion or feeling or anything. Of course I found paraphanalia, what else?

Did I freak out? Not at all. Did it make me feel better? Nah. Even typing this it blows my mind just how little emotion I have towards it at this moment. I still feel good about myself- if that's any justification. I feel a little bad about giving in in a moment of weakness- a little bit of shame about it but that's it.

What I WILL say is that I don't want it in my house. He's going to do what he's going to do whether we're broken up or not. But I know that while we're still under the same roof, I don't want that garbage here.

Anyway, the crux of my question is this: do I leave it where I found it? Do I dispose of it? I don't intend to confront because let's be honest here, it won't solve a darn thing. But I did remove the stuff from where he was hiding it-- and hid it away myself until I decide what to do about it. I know it's sort of an irrational thing to do and to ask. But of all the irrational things that have happened in my life as a result of this drug nonsense, this is actually pretty rational. How sad is that!?

Thanks, everyone.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lilyB2013 View Post
Hey everyone.

In a moment of peace and clarity (or at least what I perceive that to be), I was sitting here writing in my journal and the inkling of the thought occurred to me to go through the AXBF's bag and jacket. What would it solve? Nothing. Would it make me feel better? No. It was my obsessive codependence acting out and I did it, without emotion or feeling or anything. Of course I found paraphanalia, what else?

Did I freak out? Not at all. Did it make me feel better? Nah. Even typing this it blows my mind just how little emotion I have towards it at this moment. I still feel good about myself- if that's any justification. I feel a little bad about giving in in a moment of weakness- a little bit of shame about it but that's it.

What I WILL say is that I don't want it in my house. He's going to do what he's going to do whether we're broken up or not. But I know that while we're still under the same roof, I don't want that garbage here.

Anyway, the crux of my question is this: do I leave it where I found it? Do I dispose of it? I don't intend to confront because let's be honest here, it won't solve a darn thing. But I did remove the stuff from where he was hiding it-- and hid it away myself until I decide what to do about it. I know it's sort of an irrational thing to do and to ask. But of all the irrational things that have happened in my life as a result of this drug nonsense, this is actually pretty rational. How sad is that!?

Thanks, everyone.

This is a tough one. I one flushed my brothers heroin and he beat the crap out of me, I had him sent to jail.

It is dangerous to have drugs in your house though.

This is why my bf isn't allowed inside my house.

I don't know what you should do or what I would do.

But I can send you hugs and pray that others will come along with more wisdom.

Are there any steps you can take to live seperately?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lily, you achieve nothing by getting rid of it but you may create a huge problem for yourself I haven't been around much lately so I don't know what if any boundaries you have if this crossed your boundaries are you ready to enforce whatever you had in place for that?

As, far as confronting him if you don't want it in your house I assume he already knows that? if so he has it there anyways and sadly likely will again even if you toss it.

I will be sending prayers that your HP gives you the strength to make the best decision here.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't want that garbage here.
The only way to state this boundary would be by confronting him. Then he'd know you snooped through his pockets and bags.

I'd put it back where you found it.

How much longer must you share a roof over your heads? Have you both established boundaries with this current living situation?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Orange Lily

Originally Posted by Lily1918 View Post
This is a tough one. I one flushed my brothers heroin and he beat the crap out of me, I had him sent to jail.

It is dangerous to have drugs in your house though.

This is why my bf isn't allowed inside my house.

I don't know what you should do or what I would do.
Thank you for your kind words!

I immediately saw the effects of what I did almost as soon as I finished hitting send on the original post.

"Hey, have you seen my wallet? It was in my jacket pocket- did you go through there?"

I feigned ignorance and helped him look... And then within the span of 20 minutes, the begging for money came out. Since his "wallet was gone" he needed money for transportation, food, cigarettes-- IMMEDIATELY. He literally begged and whined at me. How different I am now. Had I not known what he's been doing, I would have just given the money to him without a second thought.

"Why won't you give me the money?"

I almost laughed in his face. "Why do you think?"

"Please- just 20$--- I'll pay you back!" (He never does, by the way)

After holding my ground (yey for me!), I heard him going through old DVDs to sell for cash.

It's sad. Not like in me being sad- but it's sad that he has to those things because he refuses to get himself together. He lies with two faces and doesn't even blink twice! I'm not surprised or shocked, really, just astounded at the audacity of what this drug is doing to his brain. Flabbergasted.

Originally Posted by Lily1918 View Post
Are there any steps you can take to live separately?
Working on it. Im doing my best to focus one thing at a time to make this happen. It's an overwhelming step- but I'm doing my best to break it down and work a little bit at a time.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Orange Lily

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
I'd put it back where you found it.

How much longer must you share a roof over your heads? Have you both established boundaries with this current living situation?
Chances are, it'd probably be best to just let it go and put it back somewhere he may have missed in his frantic fiending.

But as for boundaries- they haven't been discussed as much as they should have been. It's a sticky situation because he HONESTLY, TRULLY believes he has me completely fooled. He talks to me with the certainty that he's convincing me he's stopped.

Is difficult to have that conversation with someone who is in absolute denial as to what I know. "We don't have to have such strict boundaries because I haven't been using for 3 weeks!" Yeah, right!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

boundaries are not a WE thing....boundaries do not need to be discussed or even spoken, they MUST however be honored by SELF.

what is YOUR boundary about drugs or drug use in YOUR Home? and what is your response should that boundary be violated by another?

you say you don't want this in your house.

ok, what does that mean and how do you act accordingly?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

call the cops?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

....and how long will it be before he is selling YOUR stuff to buy transportation, food, cigarettes....and drugs? Ugh.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well I'm not sure what the right answer is but I flushed my XBFs pills every single time I found them.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

...it's dangerous to take drugs away from a drug addict. we think we are doing the right thing but we are not.

when we choose to live with someone, share our bed then privacy to some extent doesn't really exist, too bad for him. so you should confront him that you found it and ask him to leave with it. you could call the cops, but what would be your motivation to do so. so he could go to jail, well that's one way of getting rid of him.

He makes choices you make choices. I'm sorry you're going through this. always make the choice that is in your best interest, he already broke the trust issue. Now it's up to you.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Were we seeing the same guy?? I see so many similarities to my AXBF! And like you, I would search his pockets and then throw away everything I found, knowing he would freak out. I just caused myself even more difficulties by doing that, but I didn't want the **** in my house. He will take money out of my account, then pay me back, then ask for some of "his" money back the next day! And he doesn't realize why I get angry.. It's very frustrating.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

When you dispose of an addicts stash...the addict has to use $$ to replace it and they have to replace it because they're an addict. They will take something of "theirs or yours" worth $$$$$$ and pawn or sell it for $$. (Hide your valuables, electronics, silverware and prepare to duck.)
Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

when I found the folded clean foil and straw at my BFs house last week I simply laid it on the table in front of him. I stayed calm and literally gave it to him. I use to do this when I found it in his pockets when he was living at my house. I know it seems like enabling. maybe it is, but flushing it doesn't work. I simply handed him his stash, and asked him to go for a bikeride and would he please come back with empty pockets.

now I have been put in a position to be able to say he may not come to my house at all.