They DO come back!

Old 04-15-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

They DO come back!

Well he sent flowers to me today after nearly 2 months of silence. He ripped my heart out by calling off our wedding in February. Thankfully for SR and Alanon I've learned enough to arm myself with knowledge and I will NOT go back to him. I love him dearly but he is active in his addiction and if I go back it'll be more of the same and he'll leave me again. I'm now working on ME and I'm starting to become healthy and it feels so good. Empowering.

Thank you my SR friends, I have really made headway.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, I do hope you can stay strong...for YOU, Jodie. It's not going to be easy, but he has put you through the ringer!!! I know you don't want to ride this roller coaster for the rest of your life...and for so many it IS a life-long ride. (((Hugs)))
Old 04-15-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Recovery for ourselves is a wonderful thing, isn't it?!

You deserve so much better, dear. Keep your chin up and walk proud.

Sending you hugs of support on the Kansas breezes.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

So the "poor me" texts didn't work, so now flowers?? They almost become very predictable. If you don't respond, next will be the anger and blame game.

Be careful, its so easy to get sucked back into the manipulation.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I love him dearly but he is active in his addiction and if I go back it'll be more of the same and he'll leave me again. I'm now working on ME and I'm starting to become healthy and it feels so good. Empowering.
I like the first part of this sentence a lot. There are times that the people we love are too sick for us to be around because it compromises us too much. Often times, that's a difficult thing to accept. The good news is you sit with it long enough and you come to accept it, even if you don't like it.

ZoSo
Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Jodie, you are FANTASTIC.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

I Got Flowers Today
Old 04-16-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jodie, you are stronger than you think and have more courage than you would have thought possible, and one day soon all this will be a sad memory as you move forward with your life.

Wishing you happier days ahead, days filled with sunshine and peace, days filled with trust and love and joy...the stuff that a good life is made of.

Hugs
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
There are times that the people we love are too sick for us to be around because it compromises us too much.
ZoSo
Boy do I know this soooo very well. I totally compromised who I was almost the entire time I was with my ex. I used to look in the mirror and not even recognize the girl looking back at me. My family and friends didn’t even recognize me and deep down in my heart I was never really truly happy with that.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

They do come back.....yes they do....like the herpes virus.

Jodie, while we cant pick and chose who we "fall in love with," we certainly can chose who we have a relationship with.

Healthy will not seek out sick!!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Jody
They do....they always come back to the ones who allow them to continue to behave badly. You are doing a very loving thing......most importantly for yourself.....but also for him.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-16-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I wish I had been as eyes wide open wise as you are when I was going through the nightmare. I saw and heard what I wanted to see and hear - it's called DENIAL - and I was in deep.

I fell for the flowers and the 'I love you and can't live without you'. The things I found out later made me question my own sanity as well as his.

It hurts and it can make you loss confidence in yourself. If he truly does love you he will still be around AFTER he has become clean and sober and is serious about his recovery.

Take care of yourself - you are worth it!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you to each and every one of you who commented on this post. I have been confused the last few days and it has reminded me how important my happiness is, thank you!