Do you ever feel like his addiction is consuming you!

Old 04-10-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do you ever feel like his addiction is consuming you!

So in the past week, I have filed for divorce, left town with the kids and clothes, have refused to tell him where i am. Changed my phones. Talked to attorney, court, sheriffs office. Put the kids in school. Quit my job. Trying to find a house. Trying to get a resume together and find job. Trying to find counseling for me and kids. Trying to find NA meetings. Reading about codependency, reading this sight so I can keep my head screwed on....

Then when he finally freaks out last night and comes looking for me.... after a week... it took him a week...

Today, I call the sheriffs dept. and find out he was never served. They told me he would be served last friday. What a joke they are.

So I finally respond this morning to an email from him. I have had nc. He finally flipped his lid last night, and was calling everyone I know. While he was 4 hours a way in the town I am staying looking for me. Anyway, back to the email.

I just thought I would lay it all out on the line, in black and white. Since he is calling my family telling them I never told him any thing about leaving. I said this is how its going to be. YOu quit using period or you won't even see your kids. I am calling the shots....

Now tonight, I see that the email I sent him is gone. Along with one from exh. REALLY?? I changed my password last week. But forgot to change my question. Oh well, I found another copy. But really....

I feel like day in and day out all I do is deal with stuff he as caused us. I realize that the kids and I will be better off but, it is truly exhausting. I feel like I am living with effects of his addiction24/7

I mean really, If he wasn't addicted thenI wouldn't be doing all this... Ya know?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry.

Might I suggest you consider hiring a private process server? For 50 bucks or so, you'll know it was done right- they should provide an affidavit of service (not intended to be legal advice).
Old 04-10-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ya, i wish i would have known that... but im sure where we live there probably isn't one..
it doesnt matter now... he knows...
Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I would still have him served. That will protect you and the children.

It's all consuming until you put your safety in place, and then you can have him arrested if he comes near you or sends you e-mails.

He's a sick man, an active addict, and that makes him dangerous. Please keep your guard up.

I hope you find peace soon.

Hugs
Old 04-10-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow. Set up a ***** account and link it to your phone so that the password cannot be changed without confirmation via text.

(Hugs)
Old 04-10-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Orange Lily

Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
Wow. Set up a ***** account and link it to your phone so that the password cannot be changed without confirmation via text.

(Hugs)
I would definitely do this-- so many important things are linked via email now a days. Having no control over your email can cause some roadblocks for sure.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well I actually got a new email so I can email my attorney. My old phone had my ***** linked to it. I don't want to put my new phone on my ***** because i am afraid he will be able to break into it and get my phone number. I do know that he had my sons, daughters, and at one time my phone with spy ware. It had gps on it also. So he could find us. That's why we got new numbers when we left. Scary. I think he knows where we are anyway. He drove 4 hours to the town we are in. He just couldn't remember the house I guess.

My thing is, I feel like I am running around like a crazy person all day long. Trying to set up a new life for me and the kids. And trying to find professional help. It is exhausting...
....I am just so tired of trying to keep it together In guess.... What I really want to do is take a nap.... a long nap....
Old 04-11-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I thought I would just share this. I read this just after my last post. Not really looking for it. But its appropriate

April 10, 2013: Be on the lookout for weapons formed against your soul, particularly your emotions. The enemy wants to not only distract you from spiritual endeavors, but wants to disable your desire to walk in the Spirit. Watch particularly for depression, condemnation, frustration and outrage. You will feel completely justified in allowing these expressions to manifest, but it would not be in your best interest, says the Lord. Exercise self-control. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me, says the Lord.

April 11, 2013: Don't give up! Hold on to your faith. Even though the path seems unfamiliar and even treacherous at times, you must continue on. I have gone before you to make the crooked places straight and to remove dangerous obstacles from your way. Be strong and unwavering in your belief that I will perfect those things that concern you, says the Lord. Isaiah 45:2 I will go before you and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueholly View Post
ya, i wish i would have known that... but im sure where we live there probably isn't one..
it doesnt matter now... he knows...
Proof that he knows may let you get a default order if he doesn't show up.