Boyfriend coming home

Old 03-31-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boyfriend coming home

My boyfriend is a opiate addict. He has been in rehab for 23 days. He is getting released in about 7days. I was wondering if ya'll had any advise on what to expect or what I can prepare for. Any advise is welcome.

Some background info:

We have been dating 6months, but best friends for a year. He has a great support system (mom,dad, brothers, sister-in-laws, and of course me). He lives at home with his mom and I have a job lined up for him when he gets back.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck. My advice to you is take care of YOU.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you mind if I ask what was the reason he went to rehab? Unfortunatly if it was court ordered or if he went for you or his family and not because he wanted to himself the chance for success is greatly reduced. I am an addict that went for different reasons and I relapsed every time until I was ready. Really all you can do is support him and time and actions will speak for itself. I truely hope the best for you. Take care of yourself as much as him. God bless
Old 04-02-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i'd suggest give him lots of space and don't expect he is going to be Boyfriend of the Year right away. you really haven't known him very long at all and have only been dating for a few months, of which part of that time he's already done a trip to rehab. IF he's going to take this seriously then HE needs to get serious about staying in recovery and that won't leave a lot of time for a gf, sorry to say. addiction is tough, and it doesn't just go away. the chances of relapse are quite high.