call me crazy

Old 03-29-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

call me crazy

The kids havent seen D since he went to rehab in january. He is coming to visit with them tomorrow. I feel he is sober and now emotionally stable enough to see them. We are going to the zoo. Freaking out. I hope it goes well, I hope this isnt a mistake. They ask for him all the time, I know the thought of him never fades.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's hard because there are on guidelines for things like this. How long is long enough to wait? Will it ever feel like it's the right time? I told my ex bf he couldn't see our daughter while he was still using. I let him start seeing her after only a little over a month clean. Obviously there is no guarantee. I worry about what happens if he relapses. Then what? I'm lucky that she's just a baby and won't really understand what's going on right now at least.

I hope things go well for your family tomorrow and from now on. If things do go downhill after this, realize it's not your fault. Obviously you're doing what you feel is right or okay right now, so hopefully he will be thankful for that and continue to stay clean so he can be in his kids' lives.
Sorry, I have no good advice because I'm new to all this, but just want to let you know I'm wishing you the best.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow. It sounds like a wonderful outing. I know your kids are older than my son was when his dad was in rehab. I used to take him to visit there. And then his dad came home after 3 months. I know it was easier for me because of my sons age. I didnt have as many worries about his emotional state. So I wont offer you any advice, except to continue to pray about it all 7 enjoy the time you have together. Have fun tomorrow !
Old 03-30-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Embrace the day and feel the joy, Lily. Don't let the fear of tomorrow suck all the joy out of today.

I love a zoo, hope you all have a wonderful time.

Hugs
Old 03-30-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Your crazy!!

I hope enjoy the memory making moments with your kids and bf.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself."
Old 03-30-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. My biggest struggle is always future tripping. Trying to stay in the moment every day. You all help me do that. I appreciate it. I guess I should follow my own signature and not be a hypocrite