Day 5 of husband not taking pills......

Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 of husband not taking pills......

I'm praying this is the end. It is officially the 5th day. I do not want to get my hopes up or let my guard down. I will be happy if he can make it to 30 days. I know this is a step in the right direction, but I've been down this road too many times. Stop for 5 days then relapse and then the cycle starts all over again.
He's miserable, agitated easily, and needs to be left alone. Music is his outlet right now. His doctor prescribed low milligram zanax to help him sleep. Though I don't agree, I hope he can sleep through the withdrawal symptoms. His doctor only prescribed a small amount and will see him again Monday. Hubby said he feels ok. He only had a few symptoms, but it's more of a mental issue. His body wants it to be fed. His brain is screaming for that drug. It's very sad.

For the first time in over 10 years, I heard my husbands voice. The guy I married. His voice is deeper and cleaner. For some reason, these pills make my husband sound funny. Kind of like he has another personality. I guess it sounds funny. It's hard to explain. He even looks different. His smell is different. His walk is different. His smile is different.

Please pray for me.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear you and you are not alone tonight.

You and your husband are in God's hands.

_/\_ (prayer hands)
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending up prayers for you and your husband. Hopefully this time does stop the cycle !

Was wondering if his doctor ever talked to him about using the drug: Vivitrol (aka Naltrexone). My husband had a pain med addiction, and he used it for two months. It really helped him and is not addictive, no high from it. A person has to have completed detox first.

Last edited by Morning Glory; 03-07-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Removed Link