Shed some light?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shed some light?

I was wondering if the rollercoaster of emotions my ABF is having are completely normal through his recovery. I feel like he's been down a little or at least not himself. Seems like he's "checked out" a little bit in our relationship at times. He was doing so great. Seemed happy and into things again and into our relationship. Not so much this past week. I'm getting nervous
Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yes. this is normal. my bf quoted a song because he didn't have his own words "sometimes I wanna be your lover, sometimes I wanna be your friend." his emotions are all over the place. so are mine. remember, in any long term relationship the romance goes through seasons. The infatuation fades and then rebuilds. IMO it is when two lovers don't have a strong foundation of friendship that everything falls apart. stay strong. stay beautiful.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad it's normal. A bit of relief on my end. I'm 32 and although I've been in relationships this one is different. My feelings for him are like no one I ever dated so that is probably why it may get harder at times. "Romance goes through seasons" I like that -- it's SO true.