relapsed.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

relapsed.

AH relapsed at some point this weekend. I walked down my driveway and glanced in his car and there in plain view is foil with black lines all over it. WTF!!!
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he says "It's old." bla bla bla bla... But even I know better than that.
You would think that after so many times of relapsing that it would get less painful. Or less shocking. But it hurts more every time.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Chloe - I am so sorry. I know you have heard it all before - go no contact / have firm boundaries/ don't carry the burden of the 'failure' as it is not yours to carry/ relapse is HIS business not yours.... blah blah blah blah

But it IS our business as it affects our hearts, our souls, our lives, our emotions, our feelings of 'no hope', our broken hearts.

But at some stage we have to learn to remove ourselves a little from the addict we love. That NO matter how much we love. No matter how much we PRAY for their recovery. No matter how much we plan our future based on their recovery - that this will only lead to even more heartache, sadness, loss - each and every time the addict we love relapses. The ONLY way to protect ourselves from the inevitable pain, the loss, the tears, the trauma - is to do as best as we can to DETACH. To heal ourselves. Keep reading and posting here - we are here for you.

God bless you
Lara
Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Chloe, I am sorry I know that feeling all too well. You have began to work on you I see frrom your other post keep doing that it will get better as long as you do.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sorry, chloe...i've been where you are countless times now. it's always old, or not theirs, or not what we think. but it is. for me, the relapses and lies have never stopped hurting. i'm angry, irritable, and exhausted most of the time. thing is, everyone is right...we have control over what we tolerate and what we won't. we have control over our own lives. i'm trying to drill this into my own head as i type it to you.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I went through the same situation with my AH this weekend. When I asked him, he acted like he was so hurt that i would even suggest he was using. Eventually he fessed up.
I'm so sorry you are also going through this. Please remember to take care of yourself and don't let this consume you. Get out of the house, meet a friend for coffee, read a book, etc, anything to help with the stress and headaches that addictions bring to our lives.

Hugs