Happy New Year

Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy New Year

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone.

That said, this is the year we are all going to 'LET GO, AND LET OUR HP CALL THE SHOTS!"

We are going to all remember to take care of ourselves first and remember that if your HP takes you to it, he'll take you through it!

Remember to laugh every day, and when those black, scary thoughts come into your head, you have to shake it off and say, "whatever is going to happen, will happen, no matter how much you fret, worry or cry.

Remember when you're worrying, you're not praying, and when your praying you're not worrying.

I remember the one thing Mr.Dev said to me one day. He said, "mamma, doncha worry now. Whata good issa thisa boy to you or himselfa right now? Letta hima worka it outta! Such powerful words. Must be because he adds an "a" to each and every word, doncha thinka?

Now, this is what you all can look forward to when your addicted child or spouse or boyfriend,girlfried, etc. gets clean or sober.

My son called me on New Year's Day and said, "Mom, where were you last night? Before I could answer he said, "I kept calling home and your cell, but no answer. I was so worried! I even called Auntie and your friends, but they didn't know where you guys were either." Finally, I told my wife, "hey, if their in jail, their in jail!"

OMG, I LAUGHED TILL I PEE'D MY PANTS, which is easy to do these days! LOL

Hugs to you all, and remember Ann said, "I promise you it will get better!"

Gee, kind of miss the old parole officer that was crazy for me! Mr. Dev didn't warn me about him, only about the "fuczy mailman!" That translated is "foxy mailman!"

Love ya, happy New Year
Devastated aka "stud couger"
Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Happy Happy New Year ~

That's too funny about the son & Yall in jail - maybe he was gathering up some bail money??? ha ha ha ~

Hope your year is filled with many pinkful blessings ~

pink hugs
Old 01-03-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So funny and so true. Good to hear from you and to.

. kno:w that things are going well
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Happy New Year Dev. You've come a long way baby...we both have. And what a wonderful journey it's been.

And waving a happy new year to Washbe. Hope this is the best year ever for all of us.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You go you Stud Cougar!

Thanks for the laugh Dev
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, Pink Acres, isn't that how you say hello is the South? You must be from the South "ya'll" Ah yes, bail money!! That's when you turn everyone upside down so money falls out of their pockets right? That's after you tried to present the "pay window" with a check. Yeah right!

I like the time when I was such a Codie, I bailed my son out of jail, let him stay at our home, just for him to disappear again. Oh, but this was only after I had put my home up as collateral with the bail bondsman. OMG, when it was time for him to go to court, he wasn't anywhere around. Mr. Dev didn't know that I had done that! I didn't know what to do. I called all the old haunts, but no one would say anything as to his where abouts.

I went to court on the appointed day, and OMG he was there! I couldn't believe it! He was actually there! They took him right there to San Quentin! They wouldn't even let me say goodbye. I was so grateful that he had made that appearance even knowing he was facing prison!

Things you learn not to do!!

Yep, Ann, we've come a long, long, way! Don't know how fun it's been, but it sure was a learning experience!

Hugs, Dev
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Happy New Year to you too!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Y'all is in every proper southern woman's dictionary!! bwah ha ha ha

yes ma'am I tried for a few years to not type the word "y'all" & then I said oh good gravy - I am who I am ~ so if you ever have a post from me without a little southern belle twang ~ you will know i musta been hacked!!

Just imagine how that sounds on those speaker cds they record when I share my story - if you can get past the accent & the pinkness . . . we have some recovery in there somewhere . . .

I can't believe that mean ole judge wouldn't let you tell your precious little baby good-bye, I'm sure you could talk to the warden about that, after all you have his number right??? - bwah ha ha ha ha

Pink hugs ~
Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

PinkAcres, just giving you a heads up here!!!

In my next life I'm coming back as a Southern Bell too! I'm going to sit on the veranda and sip mint juilleps (as soon as I learn how to spell it) and make Scarlett look like a novice!! LOL

Right now, at my age, it's a little too muggy for me! Besides last time I visited the south, Georgia, I got bit 15 times by the fire ants! What's with those things anyway. I was just standing minding my own business when all of a sudden one of them must have blown a whistle and they all bit at once! Didn't even know my entire foot to my ankle where covered with the little devils! How's that for a ya'll?? LOL

Bye ya'll Miss Devastated (southern signature)
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Pink, I am in the southern with ya lol just ask LMN, my accent is solid ...
Old 01-04-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

well anytime y'all want to come pass a good time on the bayou, kick it in the sticks, or relax on the farm of PINK acres ~ y'all just give me a holler & pass by the house ~

and I'll fix ya a pot of coffee and we will sit a spell and visit on the front porch ~

I'll keep the fire ants away, but no guarantee bout those pesky skeeters ~
Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, crazybabie, Alabama!! Are you kidding me. Talk about accents!!

I love talking to my son-in-law in Georgia. Cannot understand one word he says.

He was talking about what I thought was "orange mouth" bass. When I said I had never heard of "orange-mouth" bass. He corrected me and said "not orange-mouth" but LARGE mouth bass. Sounded to me like Orange.

Love that guy.

Hugs, Dev
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey All Y'all (that's southernese for "everyone")

I am visiting the south and have become an honorary (even dropped the "u" from honourary to meet the 'Merican spelling) southern belle!!! I eat black beans and rise, hush puppies and collard greens...but neither grits nor catfish shall ever cross my lips, no sireeeebob (bob as in General Robert E. Lee, great southern gent of the past).

Harummph...Me and my hoopyskirt are feeling a spell of the vapours setting in, so I will go sit a spell and sip some unsweetened tea on the lanai.

Dev, look what you've done. My reputation as that foxy northern lady that Mr. Dev. always loved is gone...poof...vamoose.

Like my new dress? I saw it hanging in the window and couldn't resist!!

Last edited by Ann; 02-08-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I don't blame ya Ann, no grits are passing my lips either and this southern girl hates tea lol. I do love my hush puppies though and my cornbread dressing.

OMG, Dev, too funny
Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Oh this Southern girl loves her grits, hush puppies and cat fish but I will not touch a collard green... Blech...
Old 01-04-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

no collard greens for me either and no eggs lol no hog jaw , but I do like pintos sometimes.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Come on ladies, I thought hush puppies were shoes! Guess I flunked the southern bell test!

Ann, you always did ruin everything for me, even as kids!

Fine, I know nothang bout dem babies anyhow!

DEVASTATED FROM THE NORTH!

p.s. Ann, if you get one spot on my dress, I'll never lend you anything again!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

OOPS. Ann, may be in trouble if she eats the southern gravy... I know a great dry cleaners.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well, yeah, Crazybabie, gravy stains!

Cracks me up, "saw it hanging in the window!" OMG!! I really need to talk to that doctor about the bladder lift! LOL

She already asked me if I've decided to do something about my hearing. I told her I had. She said, great, what have you done. I told her I'm learning to read lips! LOL I thought it was funny! She's way too serious for me.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OK, ladies, check this out. My nephew and his "nose up in the air" wife are on their way here for a visit. Haven't seen them for 2 years by choice!! They do not like my son because of his tattoos!

Just talked to my son and he said he was on his way to visit. I said, really? He said yes, I'm wearing just a "wife beater" t-shirt, with shorts. Showing all my tattoos and I am going to talk about my prison terms!

Oh no, son, please don't tell about my friendship with the Warden ok?

Man, are they going to have a lot to tell their rich friends when they go home! Probably won't be here visitng for a couple of days.