No contact with In-Laws

Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No contact with In-Laws

Although i still live with my Addicted Other.. I have chosen to go no contact with his parents.

I have played with it off and on in the past.. but realize it is healthiest for me.

I haven't been in contact with FIL for over almost a year. 3 weeks ago i received a couple of texts from him. He cussed me out... wishing that i died soon... on and on. Didnt hurt so much. The mqn is an addict also. I am firm he is not to have any contact with my child and will not step foot in my house.

MIL is of the sweet variety Enables AO with money and believing his lies. I have begged her to stop sending him money which she ignores. I finally asked her to get him a hotel room as i couldnt handle the drug use anymore. Of course then she refused to send money, said he could not stay with her but i would break her heart if i kicked him out.

For my own happiness i choose to go no contact with both of them.
Maybe oneday soon I will make the same decision about AO.

CARRIE
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Carrie I can not believe that an adult would act that way. BUT WAIT, my AS and his gf do!!!

I think you are wise to protect your child from them.

And the reason she doesn't want you to kick him out is because it will become her problem. At least you found a way to stop he money flow - for the time being.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job putting your foot down with the inlaws. It sounds like you have more peace without them.

Keep working on you and putting the focus on yourself. As you grow stronger and continue to grow and learn about yourself you can continue to make decisions that are best for you and your children.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

he could not stay with her but i would break her heart if i kicked him out.
And the reason she doesn't want you to kick him out is because it will become her problem.
If he's a grown man, he really doesn't need to be anyones problem......including his Mom. So please......don't let that be a deterent from doing whatever you need to do to take care of you. Mom's statements were a bit manipulative....ok...not just a bit. It wouldn't really break her heart, it would just make her EXTREMELY uncomfortable and codependents don't like to be uncomfortable.

Take care of you!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-19-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ke,
That is exactly why she said it to me. Cause she knows he will come knocking on her door.

My life is more peaceful without them in it.

MIL's statement about breaking her heart is what really woke me up. It made me sick to my stomach how the mother and father of AO were acting towards me.

You would think they would be thanking me for keeping AO 3 states away from them. LOL

CARRIE