Back!

Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back!

Hi everyone. I used to post on here a few years back when my abf was using. He got sober, we got back together, he did the 12 steps and was very active in AA, still is however last week he admitted he had a slip. Started taking suboxone which I told him was a bad idea he needed detox and then told me he did heroin one day. Um as far as I know for an opiate addict it is not a one day thing.

So now we are engaged and have a new lease which I can't afford as I am in grad school and I am dealing with this. I am ok going to alanon and a lot of prayer and meditation. I have worked on myself a lot since his last relapse. I worked the coda steps and am sponsoring a couple girls through them now. I am going to read my old posts to remind myself I won't get crazy over this. He has agreed to hand me money every week for the bills. He takes home 6000 a month which is scary. Well over that. Need support!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome back. I'm sorry for the circumstances but am glad that you know the drill and have resources that will help you to deal with this. I know that this must throw a wrench into everything.....

The slogans really help me at times like this....if in doubt, don,t....one day at a time...live and let live...let go and let God.

I try to remember that my emotional sobriety is mine to maintain. No one can take it from me - only I can give it away.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Might want to read the stickeys and cynical one's blogs, lots of "new" information.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Breathe.

It must feel like you've had the pulled the rug out from under you.

The one thing I have to give addicts credit for is that they give us ample opportunity to put into practice those 12 steps. At times like these, I head straight back to steps 1, 2 and 3. They provide the groundwork for coping during the tough times. Luckily it sounds like you both have a strong program of recovery and hopefully this is a slip that will remind him of what he DOESN'T want.

Take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the replies. He went to detox on his own without me saying a word. I just keep working on my program. Went to a meeting tonight!