What I am going to do for me today...

Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I am going to do for me today...

I need a breather. I am incredibly lucky to work for a client who has no problem being very flexible on my hours, so I took the day off.

I still haven't completely gotten back on my feet since the trip to ER in the ambulance. I was sick again on Monday and Tuesday, so I worked long hours the next two days. End of this pay period was yesterday.

I have an appointment with my doctor at two for a therapeutic massage (I get those every Friday) and then discuss with my doctor what else I need to do to get back up to par. I still get dizzy spells and think I have fluid behind my eardrums, so I'll see what the doc says.

AD is gone for the weekend, so that is always a treat. I have my house to myself and my furkids. Lots of naps this weekend!

I will not be doing any laundry as my basement steps are the old wooden open back steps. I take no chances on falling when AD is gone. I had a stress fracture a few years ago from missing the last two steps while carrying laundry. That was excruciating.

I have given my recently deceased friend and her family to God today. I will attend AA tonight and continue to process this loss among friends.

I'm going to watch whatever my heart desires on cable tv, including football all day Sunday. I live for football season!!

The weather is beautifully mild, so I will spend some time outside over the weekend and thank God for all the blessings in my life. I'm going over to where my youngest daughter's horses are pastured today and take treats with me. There is just something about horses that brings me joy and serenity.

I'm going to pamper myself. I see my nail tech/beautician later this afternoon.

I am going to relax!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Enjoy yourself! I didn't know that your daughter was back with you, I am sure it is nice to have a little break!

Hope you feel better.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great plan to me! Have a relaxing, pampering weekend. If you ask me, there is no shame in reckless football indulgence, no shame at all!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
Enjoy yourself! I didn't know that your daughter was back with you, I am sure it is nice to have a little break!

Hope you feel better.
She is and it's been a mixed bag. I am so very grateful for her being at home when I blacked out from dehydration and hit my head on the sink on the way down. I have no idea how long it would have taken for someone to find me. My blood pressure was 60/40. I had also taken nasty falls off the back steps twice and she was here, thank God.

She is doing all the housework, including cooking, laundry, sweeping/mopping, feeding all the dogs and cats for me. She is also buying all the household supplies each month now like laundry soap, dish soap, cleaners, tp and paper towels, and bought a 50 lb bag of dog food at Sam's for me on Thursday. She is making regular payments on her court cases and supervision fees. Her hours at work have been very consistent.

I dropped $136 last week for a new battery/installation in the Sentra. I didn't have a dime for all those other things. Her help has definitely decreased the stress, physically and financially.

I've still got my boundaries, and she can still drive me crazy if I let her!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by interrupted View Post
If you ask me, there is no shame in reckless football indulgence, no shame at all!
Now that's what I'm talking about, and you speak my language!

Go Saints!

Back when I had my genuine cheesehead brought by a long-distance BF from Milwaukee, I got a little carried away when watching Green Bay . Then my first greyhound chewed it up. I wonder if Bart (formerly Bet-On-Bart) was trying to tell me something.

The Chiefs suck so incredibly bad this year I gave up on them!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's great to hear you are taking care. Hopefully, you'll feel stronger every day and can shake that nasty illness. By the way, your daughter is an angel!

My condolences for the passing of your friend, and wishes for comfort and peace for her family and you. It is always hard to say goodbye. My son's friend recently passed (victim of a car accident); she was beautiful, very talented, and will be dearly missed.

Football is huge here, too - tons of towel-waving fanatics around these parts.

Have a peaceful and enjoyable weekend.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Anaya, I am so sorry for your son's loss. It hurts me to see my daughters experience the pain of loss. Both have had friends die unexpectedly. I will certainly keep your son, you, and his friend and family in my prayers.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you, DeVon. It's painful to witness the reality that the journey in life of the young friends of our kids has been short-lived, and I pray they rest in peace. Hugs to your girls.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Holiday nails!

Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Awesome nails. Wish they were mine, lol.

What I am going to do for me today: Go out to eat and spend time with my hubs, ma, dau and her beau. Though chilly, it's a beautiful sunny day, and I can't wait to get done with my chores so I can get out of the house and on my way!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anaya View Post
Awesome nails. Wish they were mine, lol.

What I am going to do for me today: Go out to eat and spend time with my hubs, ma, dau and her beau. Though chilly, it's a beautiful sunny day, and I can't wait to get done with my chores so I can get out of the house and on my way!
That sounds like a lovely day! Enjoy your weekend!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

WAIT FOR MEEEEEEE! I want awesome nails too!!

Spoil yourself rotten girl, you deserve it all!!

Hugs
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
WAIT FOR MEEEEEEE! I want awesome nails too!!
Well just hop in your vehicle and take a road trip to southcentral Kansas, gal! I'll personally take you to Lisa's salon. She is the best nail tech/hairdresser I have ever had!