preparing for imbalance

Old 09-17-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

preparing for imbalance

Well my AW is coming home tomorrow from rehab, from conversations with her it seems as if she doesn't want to come home, from my perspective I wonder if she has liked the escape of her life and responsibilities, and wants to start a new life without us. In alanon tonight we spoke of balance in our life, and for once my children and I have felt setteled, and haven't had to deal with all of the chaos and pain living with a addict. I do want my AW home, but I am extremely worried and scared for the future, I am working my program and reading Codependent No More, this has been like a crash course in PHD level course in addiction and psychology!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr so frustrating!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

People in active addiction or new to recovery make lousy parents.

Have you considered the possibility of not making your home an option?
If she relapses, might it not be best for her to do so anywhere, but your home, around the children?

Your prior post said she wanted to go to a Sober Living Enviornment. Most require their guests to become employed and pay for their keep within a few weeks.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Honestly I don't know what she wants anymore, I keep the recovery talk with her to a minimum and only ask questions when she is speaking about it, what do I know her recovery so far...... It's her program and they do lots of fun things like bbq, swim, and paint each others nails.... Yes I do want to be there for her and would love to be a part of her recovery, and know how recovery worked for her.... But as she said this is her program and I need mine, so with that being said I'm trying as best as possible to zip my lips and keep a open mind as to what happens
Old 09-17-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

and know how recovery worked for her

You will know how her recovery worked for her in time no doubt no matter where she is she is right it is hers to work it appears too me that your worried about being abandoned she is going too have to be selfish for some time if she is working her program SLE sounds like a good place for her to be and if she chooses that option it is not because she is abandoning you or the kids.