Should I be concerned?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Should I be concerned?

After nearly 18 months, it looks like a case with CPS against my AW is about to be closed.

My concern is the problem is still there and has largely been avoided because CPS has kept things out of the court system.

I am concerned that my AW will see this case closing as a means to launch an attempt to get away from me and take our child. During this time, I am the one who has taken care of and protected our child.....done everything basically.

Due to the fact it would be his mother if a custody issue arose, should I be concerned? Anything I could prepare to better prove all that I have done?

It's just a troubling thought to let run through my mind.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

Not going through what you are, but about to go through similar's with my exabf. I am just constantly Giving it to God, in my God box, and meditating, going to meetings, doing everything I know is right. If it is meant to be that your child will be with you, then it is meant to be. Your child may have come into this world with different lessons though, and that child may need to be learning the lessons of the alcoholic, and living with the alcoholic. It is hard to understand, but it is all about what the child needs to learn in this lifetime. It will make them stronger.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would strongly recommend an initial consultation with an attorney experienced in custody issues. Most attorneys will provide the first consultation free of charge.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well today is the day that we meet with CPS to see if her case can be closed.

I have mixed emotions because she's been telling half-truths to get the case closed.
I've yet to be asked t back up her claims, but part of me wants to have this closed and a government agency out of my living room where I can handle what happens between us without their interference.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Herhubz, I hope things go well and that you will come let us know the outcome. I agree with freedom, talk with an attorney.