Inspiration

Old 07-05-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Inspiration

Hi friends,

Today I felt something I havent felt in a while, my son is back from a 37 day rehab, his second time I can see hes scared of being back in his old neighborhood and having a hard time trying to adjust to some kind of normal life, I see some changes and some motivation not sure if it will be enough but what i really wanted to talk about was me ), today he went to his first NA meeting and asked me if i wouldnt mind going with him, so i went and it was just so inspiring i felt like crying the entire time, which for me is something I dont like to show, I saw such strenght in people, 10 years, 15 years sober still coming to meetings helping and helping themselves, it just showed me that there is hope, there is a way out , for the last month I have been very emotional I feel like i need to connect to people that understand what i am going through, i feel the need to cry and not be ashamed about it so Ive decided to take myself to an Alanon meeting , I know its going to be hard Ill be an emotional mess but i just feel the need to let it out. Sr has helped me so much as well im just ready for the next step , hope you are all well take care
Old 07-05-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

awww, well Good luck, you will be missed. I hope you keep us posted from time to time. You know where you can find us, if you need us.

God Bless you and your son!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Blessings to you and your son! I, too, find the open NA meetings inspiring, the Alanon and FA meetings nourishing and supportive. All the best to you.