So Hard

Old 05-21-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So Hard

A few weeks ago my husband waved a knife in my face raging about how things were cluttered in our home. He came home drunk, having blown most of his paycheck a few days after that, leaving me scrambling for rent money, as I had lost my job a week or so before. He then stopped paying for bills at all, having screamed that he felt he paid too much. His temper was exploding every second he got an opportunity and he was stoned all day and all night. He smoked in the middle of the night, at breakfast, on the way to work, at work, when he came home, while he took a bath... I went downtown and filed for an emergency protective order which the judge gave me in 15 minutes. The police showed up an hour later and took my husband away on an old warrant. His home state is now going to extradite him. He called me from jail (I should not have answered) screaming/crying about how he doesn't have the will to live anymore and how he loves me, etc. I went down to the jail to see him (shouldn't have done that either) and he was crying, saying he had no desire to stay clean (to him being clean is not doing hard drugs like heroin/meth) and he wanted to die. He cried he loved me, wanted to start a family with me, and had stopped paying for bills to save for our anniversary. Since my husband got locked up, someone gave me a kitten, I have a new job in a big city north of me, found a great new place to live in this city and the world got 200% brighter. My husband cries now he will get help, he recognizes he needs it, but he always says that. Years of rehabs, mental hospitals, in and out of jail, churches, NA, therapy, and nothing takes. He'll be in prison in his home state for 5-8 years, and maybe that will finally spur him to get real help. I don't know. I can't do this anymore; feeling terrified of every movement he makes, waiting for him to snap. I love him and wish the best, but can't do this anymore. I've decided to stop accepting his calls and stop visiting him in jail, once I can legally file here for divorce, I will. We have no shared assets, no shared bank accounts. I just need a new road, a new way of living.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have an opportunity for a new beginning. Embrace life and try to find your joy again.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-21-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very proud of you! Sounds like it was a long road, but you've found the courage to take the one less traveled. Stay STRONG!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very proud of you! Sounds like it was a long road, but you've found the courage to take the one less traveled. Stay STRONG!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very proud of you!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Very proud of you!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please keep going, you are making the right moves.

I left my husband who sounds like yours about 6 years ago and even though he was such a moron I still wonder if it could have worked. Totally ridiculous and it would have been a life of he11.

He was a friend and that's what made it harder and I gave him every excuse to act how evil he did.

Anyway, doubt I will ever completely get over that relationship but I know I'm past it and glad I escaped.

Hope you are successful in your escape. Be adimant that you deserve better.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Run Forrest Run.....and don't look back......
This is YOUR chance to get out and be done.

When you make the decision and lay all the cards on the table....
IF YOU PICK THEM UP....they will own your a$$.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry my iPad was acting crazy last night, but maybe you needed the support 4 times over!