Drugs in the mail-- Sorry-- long!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drugs in the mail-- Sorry-- long!

Ok. I know the A that I've talked about here has generally been my AH, but I think I've mentioned my AB (that's brother, not boyfriend in my case) before as well.

He is not allowed in my home, and while I wasn't explicitly No Contact with him, we had a very limited relationship. He called on Friday to tell me that he was having a package delivered here sometime soon in his girlfriend's name. It was a sample of something-or-other for their daughter, he said. I was suspicious at that exact second. (Why not to her house? Why not tell me WHAT was in the package?) As it was apparently already on its way, I said nothing and put it out of my mind. If mail comes for him, I generally put it in a file and my mother gives it to him when she sees him. (Not again, by the way. Everything with his name or her name is going to be marked "Not at this Address" and sent on its happy way back to the post office.)

Then his girlfriend called me on Saturday. "AB took my debit card and ordered bath salts online," She said. "They're coming to your house with my name on them. DON'T give them to him. Give them to ME." I told her I would give any such package to my mother, who pays the rent around my place, or to my grandfather, who owns the house I live in, and let them decide what to do with them. Then she called back and said, "Oh. Well... he has them sold so you can give them to him after all. Then I can get my money back!" To which I gave her the same spiel about letting the people ultimately in charge of the house decide what to do with anything like that.

They came today. In the mail. My mom saw the envelope and asked me what it was. I told her it was likely the salt that they had told me to expect, and that I was going to let her decide what to do with that particular piece of mail. She opened it and flushed it down the toilet.

AB's gf called. My mother told her the drugs were gone. She flipped out. She threatened to call the cops and have us arrested for mail tampering. Really?! She had illegal (in the state I'm in, there's an all-out war on bath salts-- They have an absolutely no tolerance policy for them here.) drugs sent to my house, and is going to call the police because I got rid of them, rather than being an accessory to trafficking?

If she hadn't told me what was in the envelope, I would have given her her piece of mail, reminded her to fill out a change of address, and that would have been that. But... WHAT the CRAP?! I am so angry about this right now.

Had to get it out somewhere. Thanks for listening.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe from now on all packages and mail that come to the house for anyone that doesn't live there should be marked either return to sender or the person doesn't live here.

Just a thought, sure would remove the insanity I would bet that none of you really need.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
(Not again, by the way. Everything with his name or her name is going to be marked "Not at this Address" and sent on its happy way back to the post office.)
Originally Posted by incitingsilence View Post
Maybe from now on all packages and mail that come to the house for anyone that doesn't live there should be marked either return to sender or the person doesn't live here.

Just a thought, sure would remove the insanity I would bet that none of you really need.
Yep. Learned THAT the hard way today. *smh*
Old 05-17-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self-Recovered

I think "return to sender" is the best idea going forward.

Don't addicts realize committing crimes thru the mail can make the offense much worse.

I remember a few years back, my AB receiving a package in the mail from his mother. I love receiving packages. My mom used to be a big one for sending "i love you" packages.

To my disappointment - she was sending him her prescription pain pills.