dating someone who uses when you've just stopped?

Old 03-05-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dating someone who uses when you've just stopped?

I really like this guy. He's everything I've wanted in a guy and he actually does care about me. I don't feel used or ignored with him. I think I've finally found a guy who genuinely likes me. Through this time he's really been my rock. I don't know where I'd be without him. He's not an addict he just uses though. And it's what I've been craving. But I can't deny that I really love him his company that he understands me we're like one in the same with different bodies. He's gentle with me like when I was with my other bfs they always treated me like a piece of ass. And not like I had feelings. We're really close friends and we do everything together. He's always a boost and never toxic when I'm with him I can see us making it through anything. I know he's the one that holds my heart even though that's not what I wanted. It was only inevitable. Yet I feel like it's a trap like I cut all my friends who use out except him... He never has been unsupportive of my choice to stay clean. But I don't know if I have that willpower. I don't know what do you think about relationships with someone who uses? I don't feel I can deny my feelings much longer really...
Old 03-05-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
So it goes

That is why I relapsed first time with AA. Stopped, went out with someone who was a bigger drinker than me (she brought 4 bottles of wine to the first meal I made for her)
Not a good idea!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think it's time you used good common sense. Your asking the question here leads me to believe you know the answer--this relationship spells trouble to you. My AS recently relapsed on pain pills after having a legit ailment (kidney stones). It was so easy to fall right back into his habit after being clean seven months. He had applied for a job a couple of months earlier to be a pharmacy assistant. At the time I thought it wasn't a good idea for him considering his newly found sobriety, and fortunately nothing came of the job, but when he relapsed I thought to myself the importance of good, common sense. Don't put yourself in harms way. Choose your friendships wisely.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cunning
baffling
powerful...

& patient.