Do you tell your friends?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by pommie View Post
Do you tell your friends your situation and troubles with your addicted child?

I live in an over-55 community and everybody knows everybody else's business. I have one friend here that I would like to tell my troubles to but I am afraid that if I do(even tho she swears she wouldn't repeat it) that it would be all over the place.

Have you discussed your problems with friends?
They probably already know all your business anyway! I believe if you tell someone, anyone, you tell the world.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by washbe2 View Post
If other family or friends ask how "B" is doing, I just say, "Oh, he's just being himself".
I like that Washbe. My response is similar...how is my son doing? "He's doing the best he can." That's enough.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have told very few people about my son and daughter; unfortunately, they are both really popular, so everyone in this town knows. I would give anything to be able to move and start my life over, but I am rooted here with my business. And my family- dysfunction junction!

I do not talk to any immediate family members anymore except for two or three of them; the couple of family members who are gossips have told everyone in the family that I must be addicted to something since my kids are and I get looked at all funny. When I try to address it and call the gossips out, it gets worse. Family, holidays are so stressful; I don't attend them.

I spend my holidays and special occasions with the people who love and support me; that is my definition of family.