Just Sad

Old 11-17-2011, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Sad

AH called...he needed money. The story was ridiculous and what was so sad was that he couldn't even keep up the lie consistent through the whole conversation...it started to fall apart on him in just a 5 min phone call. I told him the truth...I have no money...not that I was going to give him any even if I did. I kept it all positive...telling him I was sorry for his situation and I really hope someone can help him. It's just so depressing. I know we are done and calls like that make it so much easier for me to stick with it...but it's so sad to see. I wanted to believe my addict would be different...my addict wasn't going to call me with crazy stories asking for money...my addict was going to clean himself up. I'll never understand...he's given up everything for this and he still is swearing up and down he's not using. It's just such a waste. It's just so sad...but at least it makes it easy for me to detach.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Most of us came here with the same " my addict is different" thing going on. .

Take time to grieve the loss of your hopeful fantasies.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((verylost))

It is heartbreaking to see where the disease takes someone we care about ~

I do want to say it is healthy for you and for him to be able to stand firm on those boundaries ~ Remind yourself not only are you showing yourself dignity, respect and love, but you are also allowing him the ability to find his way to a place of recovery, self-love, and the ability to find his own dignity again.

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-17-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is so sad and devastating when we watch what was once a beautiful person with hopes, dreams and goals sink deeper into despair.

"I'll never understand...he's given up everything for this and he still is swearing up and down he's not using."

My feeling on this, at least in my experiences with AXBF is they are usually not doing the right thing. Addicts lie and if they were working a recovery, staying sober and moving forward in their lives, it would show.

AXBF claims he is not using, yet does not contact his children or even his own mother. He does not have a job. He has had jobs basically handed to him and always has some excuse as to why he never started the job. Actions speak louder than words. I am glad that you are able to detach for your own sanity. Prayers and Hugs.