I said good bye

Old 11-12-2011, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I said good bye

I just wanted to post this to get it out. No one has to reply. I posted a while ago about helping a friend who was coming off of heroin. He was an ex boyfriend. I just wanted to say that I politely told him that I wanted to him to be happy, and that I wanted me to be happy too, and that against his hopes, we aren't and never will get back together. He isn't taking it well to say the least.

But I did it for me. I stayed with it long enough to make sure he was okay in his recovery. I made sure that for the time being, he would still be okay. I question my decision every day since, but I know deep down it was for the best. He has since told me the past 3 years have been the biggest waste of his life waiting on me. What he doesn't and will never realize was that I was waiting on him to step up and be the man I knew he could be. But it never happened and he decided to get addicted to heroin in the mean time. I would be an absolute fool to ever consider going back to that. I've saved his life a number of times. Literally and metaphorically. I know it wasn't a waste.

I just thought I would say that.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sorry for the double post. I'm trying to figure out how to delete the other one.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You have done the right thing, keep your resolve and put one foot in front of the other, moving in the right direction...for you.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sucks, but sometimes you have to say "I care about you and hope you have a really happy life - but you have to have it without me".