Dear God...please help this mom.....

Old 11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dear God...please help this mom.....

Here I am again....back to the only place that I know that I can get honesty and friendship from those who have been or are in my shoes. Once again, my 24 year old son has relapsed. Every time he takes two steps forward, he falls back ten. Another brush with the law...lost his license for 6 months..hanging with the same bad crowd.....and now back to his old tricks. He doesnt look good...hes got that skinny look about him. Confronted him a couple weeks ago. I told him that he would have to get himself help or he has to move out. Today, I find a pill in his room. Im pretty sure its Oxycodone (the pain pill.) I am officially done. This is no longer about him and his addiction....its now about me and my sanity. I gotta get him out of my house. I am going to confront him tonight when he gets in. Please friends....give me the strength to be strong and do this. I know its the right thing...and letting him live with me only enables him more. Help me get through this...
Old 11-08-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

gentle hugs and prayers coming from one mother to another
ke
Old 11-08-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This mama knows the pain in your heart right now, but having a front row seat to his drama never did any of us any good, nor did it save our kids.

No need to get angry, just spell it out and do what you need to do. Don't let his addiction destroy your life too.

Hugs
Old 11-08-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts and strong vibes your way You are doing the right thing!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

If you have reached your bottom you will find the strength to follow through. You have realized that enabling him is not the answer. The only answer I know of, is to allow him the dignity to fall to his knees, reach his bottom and hopefully he will embrace a strong recovery program and get and stay clean.

No reason to get angery, just say what you mean and mean what you say.

Hugs...Dolly
Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all...as always. Your words of wisdom always help me to get just a little stronger every time I come to this forum. God knows how we have tried to help him. I surrender to the fact that I cant control it. Now, I will try and take care of me. Hugs to you all...xox
Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Admitted I am powerless . . . I am powerless over my son, my daughter, cigarettes, etc. I can't do this on my own so please God help me . . . take the cravings, the obsession, the anxiety from me. I place all of this in your hands so that I may have peace.

puddinface, I know how you feel and I send a prayer up for you that you may know the peace and serenity of letting go.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much....
Old 11-09-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello, I also share this pain. We ended up sending our son to jail. He was in for 4 months, and just started state ordered rehab. The bottom came that much quicker, and so far he is doing well in rehab. Time will tell, but you dont need to delay him hitting bottom. The longer he lives with you with no sign of the edge of the cliff, the longer he wont have to face this on his own. Be strong and know we are all here with you, another Mothers love for you and yours.
Teresa
Old 11-09-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

prayers of peace, strength, courage and wisdom for you - prayers of healing and recovery for him

PINK HUGs,
Rita
Old 11-09-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I look at everyones lovely responses and well wishes...and I always check to see where the writer comes from. All different parts of the world....addiction is all around us...no matter where you come from. So sad....Thanks again everyone! xo