I'm being selfish! LOL!!!

Old 10-29-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm being selfish! LOL!!!

Thursday evening my AH and I went to walmart so I could get some snacky foods to eat on my trip to Baltimore. I was telling him how this would be my first trip as a non-smoker and that I hate that I am doing this trip alone. Well he then informed me that I should have rescheduled the trip for when he gets approved for take home methadone doses. Now I purposely set these dates because he was suppose to already have take homes at this point. I told him no it was not an option because I wanted to see our 7mth old grandson. He had the nerve to tell me I was being selfish!!!! REALLY!!!!!??? I stopped dead in my tracks and looked him in the eye and said no babe your the one that is selfish. You are the addict and you expect me to live my life by your addiction rules. I told him that his addiction was no longer my problem and I was not living my life by his addiction no more. I explained to him that I have learned from the Nar-Anon book that I am detaching myself from his addiction. Yes I love him with all my heart but I have to live for me again. Is that being selfish? I actually had a nice 438mile trip to baltimore. I got to listen to what I wanted to on the radio and had alot of time to think about life.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

No, you are not selfish, you are on the road to recovery and learning how to detach, with love.

Enjoy yourself!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You go, girl! Woo-hoo!!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TMZ

Your not letting the disease control you. What a hugh step. Good for you!!