Hello........

Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Been a bit since I posted. So far things have been calm...waiting for a court date to get the support & visitation worked out. I blocked his # from my cell phone per my attorneys advice. He kept sending me messages about how we needed to talk and work things out...blah blah blah...I do make a point to have our son call him at night before he goes to bed, other than that I have zero contact with him and my life is sooooooo much more peaceful. Will just be glad to get the court thing out of the way.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tallgirl77 View Post
Been a bit since I posted. So far things have been calm...waiting for a court date to get the support & visitation worked out. I blocked his # from my cell phone per my attorneys advice. He kept sending me messages about how we needed to talk and work things out...blah blah blah...I do make a point to have our son call him at night before he goes to bed, other than that I have zero contact with him and my life is sooooooo much more peaceful. Will just be glad to get the court thing out of the way.
Good for you on standing strong!

Is there a court date set yet?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Good for you on standing strong!

Is there a court date set yet?

No date yet, waiting to hear back from the courts....hopefully soon though.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Having partner leave...

Hi,

It is hard to make a decision such as you have and sticking to it. I am glad you have been able to do this.

I was in much the same position and my youngest child was still at home...& I told her Dad he had to leave & I filed for a divorce. All I could think of was taking care of my daughter & keeping her safe.

I, myself, am not new to this program but have a new name. I used to be Kelsh but wanted that name gone....I was an alcoholic but have been sober 23 years as of July 10, 2011.

Helen70
Old 09-16-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Been awhile since I've posted. I myself am doing fine. Papers have been filed in court because he refused to agree to the initial proposal, all because he doesn't want to pay the state reccomended child support amount. His completion of the 28 day program was verified and he had a weekend visitation with our son the first weekend of this month. Other than him coming back with sun burn on his face and an abrasion on his leg near his genitals my son seemed to have a good weekend with his dad. This weekend is another visit and I pray that it goes well for my son. We are now on an email only contact, unless there is an emergency, and so far so good on that end. He has accused me of having a boyfriend again, found out that he is seeing someone, which is fine by me, but I guess he's making accusations on my part because he wants to be able to justify himself seeing someone.

So far the only thing bad that has happened is his mother or him contacted CPS as they had previously threatened. My 13 yo daughter was pulled from lunch last friday and questioned by them. The report stated that I abused my daughter & that she had attempted suicide w/in the past 2 months because of the abuse. All of which is BS and false. I guess he/they are pulling at straws trying to find something against me because they know I am in the right with my life and he's not. He's wanting more visitation, I believe only so he won't have to pay more child support. He does send a money order weekly but the monthly total is less than half of the state guidelines.

As long as he does right by our son, I will continue to allow every other weekend visitations, but I can not wait for all this to be settled out in court.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Tallgirl. I'm sorry they are putting you through so much hell. Hang in there and keep us posted. You are doing great.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Thanks for updating us.

Keep your resolve, you will be fine.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well, the past two days have been emotionally rough on me. I think it's because I was told that my EXABF is in fact seeing someone else and has been pretty much since he got out of rehab. I don't know why I have let it bother me, but it it has the past two days. I've been doing great and think I still am other than the thoughts running through my head. I guess what really bothers me is the fact that after being together 4 years, he's seeing someone already. And it's also my understanding that if your working the program you shouldn't get involved in new relationships etc...So that also has me questioning if he's actually working the program and doing what he should. My main concern is my son and his well being when he's in his fathers care. The other part, I think it's only normal for me to be hurt/upset about. The past few months I've concentrated on myself and my kids and I guess I've let him slip into my mind without even realizing it. This too will pass and I will get back on board where I should be. I really didn't think I would ever shead a tear over him, but last night I did. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, it's time for me to hold my head up and keep moving forward.

This was more of a rant/vent...get things off my mind post....
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Well, the good part, is if he is with someone else, he'll be bothering you LESS.

The bad part is, even though you've gone through such drama with him, it still hurts the heart.

Something good is in your future, stay strong!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Well, the past two days have been emotionally rough on me. I think it's because I was told that my EXABF is in fact seeing someone else and has been pretty much since he got out of rehab. I don't know why I have let it bother me, but it it has the past two days. I've been doing great and think I still am other than the thoughts running through my head. I guess what really bothers me is the fact that after being together 4 years, he's seeing someone already.
One more piece of character evidence as to his true jerkness. He's your ex for a reason.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hello all, it's been quite awhile since I've been on here....I just spent the past 15 mins or so going back and reading all my post on this forum. WOW! What a roller coaster ride of emotions....as I was reading my first inital post my eyes welled with tears, part sadness and part joy. Although the ex is still active in addiction, I am proud to say that I am content in my life, relationship, and my son is safe and has several positive male role models in his life.

I also look back in amazement on what I've been through and how strong I was. I am so very thankful that I found sober recovery forums as it truly helped me during some of the worst/hardest times of my life. Just reading other peoples stories, knowing I wasn't alone, made all the difference in the world on how I handled the situtaion.

I hope that anyone who was in a similar situtaion as myself can read these stories and have the courage to post and see that, no its not easy but they can get through it!

Blessings,

Tallgirl77
Old 11-03-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I love a happy ending!