The White Rabbit

Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The White Rabbit

We all know the superstition about the "black cat that crosses your path", right?

Last night on my way home from my Naranon meeting, a large white rabbit ran across the road in front of my car. It was the strangest thing. Obviously a domestic rabbit......what the heck was it doing running across the middle of the street on a relatively rural road!?!

Everyday I pray (in the shower.....it's my place to pray....maybe it's the cleanliness is next to Godliness thing?....I dunno) to have my heart and mind open to the touch of grace that God puts in front of me every day.....because it's there if my mind and heart is open to it (but I need help from my HP....because otherwise I feel that I might not recognize it).

I'm not typically a superstitious type of person......but I feel that having a pure white rabbit (except for the black spot on it's nose) run in front of my car was just too strange. lol I'm trying to find the touch of grace in that or some meaning.

Oh well......time reveals all. But I'm going to look at that white bunny as a symbol of "good" things.

May all of you have a white rabbit cross your path today.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-01-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I found this online:
An old custom is to say 'Rabbits' or 'White Rabbits' either once or three times on the first day of the month, as a good luck charm; it must be the first word said that morning, otherwise the charm is not potent.

So good luck to you!!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Yankee

I believe that the white rabbit is good luck girl! I see rabbits run along the side of the street by the bushes or woods sometimes, they are so adorable & innocent. Thank you for sharing. =)
Old 07-01-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am very well versed in symbolism of various cultures. Rabbits represent rebirth and transformation. White is the color of the spirit. If the rabbit literally crossed your path, meaning the rabbit crossed that spot then you crossed that spot (as opposed to the rabbit crossing, the car in front of you crossing, then you crossing), it is directed at you and is strong.

Rabbits on the side of the road would represent a different viewpoint for the transformation (approaching, receding, dulled, sluggish, etc). That it crossed you means it is right here/now.

This would be the typical way to read the statement "White rabbit crossed my path"

I will note that symbolism is certainly subjective. I know the rabbit was directed AT you. As a reader, what gives me pause is that you said you ask for signs. If you asked for a sign and a white rabbit crossed you, I would say that was an answer specifically saying you have or are transforming spiritually, a confirmation that, "Yes, here is your sign, you ARE doing it."

If you had not asked for a sign, I would probably interpret it as more dramatic, higher intensity or higher resistance, more stressors around it, more chaotic.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@TrishaLee......Wow......thank you for that lovely interpretation!

I would say that was an answer specifically saying you have or are transforming spiritually, a confirmation that, "Yes, here is your sign, you ARE doing it."
Yes....the white rabbit literally crossed directly in front of my car. Actually it didn't exactly run.....it kind of casually hopped across the road in front of me....I slowed to a crawl to let it cross.....it paused at the side of the road and then disappeared into the brush. It was odd to say the least.....it was a BIG rabbit.

Since I ask for signs...symbols....a touch of grace from God daily....I will embrace your interpretation.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-01-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
Yes....the white rabbit literally crossed directly in front of my car. Actually it didn't exactly run.....it kind of casually hopped across the road in front of me....I slowed to a crawl to let it cross.....it paused at the side of the road and then disappeared into the brush. It was odd to say the least.....it was a BIG rabbit.
HA HA! He's hitting you over the head with a "clue-by-four." You've been missing signs or doubting them (explaining them away). OK, well, what if we take a really big rabbit, and have it slowly walk in front of her so she HAS to acknowledge it, something she just cannot explain away.

Yes, lol, take the happy sign and accept it before you wake up to find 300 bunnies in your car. How would you explain that one away.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just reread my post and wanted to say I am not laughing at you. Sometimes I get misinterpreted in type, so I wanted to clarify. Its just funny sometimes the way I see things. I had an image of your HP saying, "OK, well what about 300 dead buninies in her car!"
Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TreshaLee View Post
HA HA! He's hitting you over the head with a "clue-by-four." You've been missing signs or doubting them (explaining them away). OK, well, what if we take a really big rabbit, and have it slowly walk in front of her so she HAS to acknowledge it, something she just cannot explain away.

Yes, lol, take the happy sign and accept it before you wake up to find 300 bunnies in your car. How would you explain that one away.
I didn't take it at all like you were laughing at me! lol I love "clue-by-four"!!! I've never heard that before and I LOVE IT! hahaha! Your lovely sense of humor was spot on with mine today!

And yeah....300 rabbits in my car would have caught my attention. Glad it was just one really BIG white rabbit strolling across my path!

Now......about 1/2 mile later (after the white rabbit) there was a huge chicken sitting on top of a mailbox pretty as you please......if I didn't KNOW that mailbox, I would have thought it was a "mailbox ornament" it was sitting so still and beautiful. Any thoughts on the chicken!? lol
Old 07-01-2011, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
Now......about 1/2 mile later (after the white rabbit) there was a huge chicken sitting on top of a mailbox pretty as you please......if I didn't KNOW that mailbox, I would have thought it was a "mailbox ornament" it was sitting so still and beautiful. Any thoughts on the chicken!? lol
Chickens also fall along the cycle of renewal/rebirth. Notice that you are seeing eastery things (well, the egg more than the chicken, but the symbolism is the same for the egg as the chicken ... unless its a rooster rather than a chicken). This is all symbolism related to rebirth/transformation of the gods, be they Jesus, Osiris, Tammuz, etc. Eggs, bunnies, flowers, babies of all species. Some others to look out for: fish, white, snakes and death imagery (skulls, scythes, skeletons, etc).
Old 07-01-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
Was the rabbit a 6'3.5" pooka named Harvey? And, are you married to Elwood P. Dowd?
Bahahahahaaa!!! Now that cracked me up. lol

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-01-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

On my walk today, on two separate sections of the walk, I saw two baby bunnies, so tiny I could have held one in one hand. They were eating wildflower blossoms.

I will consider that an omen of good luck and a sign of living well. Think about it...it my "dark" days before recovery I would never have gone for that walk and if I had I would have been too preoccupied to notice baby bunnies.

Thanks Kindeyes, bunnies it is for you, me and everyone here.

Hugs
Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Eggs, chickens, caterpillars, butterflies, tadpoles, frogs, beach glass ... anything that transforms

Turning leaves, dead twigs/branches (like a twig wreath on a door you are about to walk through ... or an adarondack (sp?) chair unexpectedly), lightening struck trees ... anything dead or dying (in symbolism there is no real death, just the cycle, so death is the start of the transformation while birth is the other end)

Likewise, babies of all species, unexpected new growth (a determined little shoot that somehow sprung up in a pile of rocks) ... anything that is being born, especially unexpectedly (out of place) born

OT: I just noticed the Washingtonians and Canadians! B (hubby) is Canadian. We met when I was running a B&B in Bellingham, WA (an hour from Vancouver, BC). Small world! Now I'm homesick (we are in Louisiana now).
Old 07-03-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

KindEyes,

I just had to smile (really big) when I read your post. I know that it was a sign! Years ago (22 to be exact) I was going through a very dark and bleak time. I saw a bunny and knew that it was a sign from God that things were going to be okay. Through the years, everytime I see a rabbit I am reminded of that. They are my little gifts from HP that remind me that I am being held and loved.

And to think that you have seen a WHITE one! I've never had that happen but know that when it does (I'm thinking positive) that I will take serious note!

Thanks for sharing this. And may be all continue to see lots of bunnies as they cross our paths.