kinda struggling past couple days.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

WOW.
i really just lost it the past few days, most likely thanks to being really sick.
Well, I had this idea that i wanted to work things out with him. So I text him and say that if he's so open to getting help, then maybe we can work on things between us. He comes back with that it sounds enticing but he's kind of started seeing someone and that it has promise so we can't do anything about it right now. I told him that I respect his decision and left it at that.

I was really upset for about an hour. Thankfully I was able to talk it out with several close friends and they all said the same thing-I deserve so much more and can do better. I REALLY started thinking about it and came to a final conclusion: Yes, I do care about him and want to be with him, but can't. I cannot be with someone who can't be everything I need and want. He will always be an addict and that will always come first. With me going back to school soon, I need someone who can be supportive-especially emotionally and he can't offer that. It would always be in the back of my head that I would cause him too much stress and he'd start using again.
I really feel like I have closure at this point. I will probably always care about him, but when it comes down to it, he'll never change. And I'm sure the same thing will happen with this new girl.

Thanks to everyone on here for helping me through this journey. Gosh, I was such a mess-up and down.