I'm sorry.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I'm sorry.

I don't know if there is anyone still here on this forum that even remembers me, but if there is, I want to say that I'm sorry for bailing on you. I haven't been here in so so long. It's gonna take me forever to catch up on how everyone's doing. I have wanted to be here to support you all, but I have always had this as my worst character defect, good intentions not fulfilled. Please forgive me if you will. I want to come back here & be a part of this group. I've missed you all.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I thank each of you for encouraging me with your acknowledgement of my post. It's so very good to be back here with you all. Now to try and catch up on how all of you are doing.

I am doing pretty well in comparison to my past experiences & reactions to my son & his choices, who is the alcoholic/addict in my life. He has presented me with two beautiful grandsons since I last posted here. Things with him could be alot better, but I am thankful everyday because I have seen things so so much worse in the past. I still hang on to alot of hope for his recovery some day. That's my update in a nutshell. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Nina!

Get back in here and sit your wee toosh down!

Rose
Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Hi there Rose. It's great to see you again. I haven't gotten a chance to get caught up on how you've been doing, but I hope that you've been doing good. Thanks for your welcome back, for me. It means alot.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome home, Nina Kay :ghug3

It's good to see you again, and I am glad your son is doing better even if it's not perfect.

My son is still missing...some things don't change, lol. I keep him in my prayers and leave the rest to God.

I'm semi-retired, working part time for another accountant and taking winters off for the south..balance is good.

There are lots of newcomers here who would love to meet you and hear your ESH, so make yourself at home and know that you are welcomed by all of us.

Hugs
Old 04-27-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nina Kay
I'll look forward to getting to know you and reading your story and learning from your ESH.
Welcome back!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-27-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Hey My friend - i remember you - you probably remember me as (Japic05 ~ Rita)
lots has changed in the past few yrs for me

Welcome back home - we missed you & are glad you are back!!

congrats on the grandbabies - aren't they the best ever!!!

PINK HUGS to you & hope you have a wonderful day!

Rita
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Nina)))
Happy you're back.

I was missing for awhile too.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's nice to see you, Nina Kay!!!! Stick around for a bit......
Old 04-27-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((( Nina Kay))) welcome back!

yes, I remember you and its good to see you. I look forward to hearing more about your life and grandkids. I think you'll see that though there are a lot of new faces, some things change and yet much remains the same.

HUGS to you and yours
Cats
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Thank you Ann, for your kind 'welcome back'. I've thought of you many times & wondered if your son had come back yet. I'm sorry to hear that he hasn't, as yet. I pray that you will get that good news soon that you are hoping to hear. To me, you have always been an inspiration & pillar of strength, as I know you are to so many here. You are truly a blessing to SR. You do sound like you stay busy & as much as I feel that acceptance is the key to our serenity, I also know that staying busy is another absolute key to our serenity as well.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Kindeyes, Thank you also for your 'welcome'. I know for sure after reading some of your posts that I'm going to look forward to getting to know you better.

MsPinkAcres, Hi. I do remember you, as Japic05. Thanks so much for remembering me. Yes grandbabies are the very best. I have 6 now. Needless to say, I stay very busy. lol

Mooselips, thank you. I'm sorry to hear you were missing from here for a while also. I'm happy that you came back too. I think that means we're smart. lol. I'm also sorry to hear that you're having some more struggles with your son's addictions. We'll definitely get through this together.

Hydrogirl, thank you. I do plan on sticking around this time. I don't want to keep doing the same old things cause I certainly don't want to have the same results. I hope this means that I'm regaining some of my sanity, finally. haha.

CatsPajamas, thank you for remembering me & thanks for your warm welcome. I could never forget you either. It's so good to see that you are still here. I'm so glad that some things never change & that their are alot of wonderful people here that are alot more stable & dependable than myself. You all are the reason that this place is still here to help people who are in trouble & hurting. For that, I'm so grateful too.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
cmc

NinaKay...you are way too unforgettably nice to forget.

I rarely post here in FFSA ... I've found it's been better for me to limit or restrict my online activities a bit more than I would prefer, and in participate in a way that's better suited to my present needs & issues.

Thanks for sharing about how you are doing and about your son's status. Grandkids!!! That's great news too!

My son finally faced the music and made the necessary changes and decisions to get and stay clean. It's been 5 years now...he's married and living a good life.

I'm so grateful for all that I've experienced and learned during those trying times; and for all of the loving/caring ESH I found here in this forum when I first came to SR.

Thanks to you for being a part of my life then & now...and thanks also to the many others who; at one time or another, have graced this little spot on the web with their presence.

Welcome back!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nina Kay,

Welcome back! I always wonder about the many of our members that have come and gone and I always get really excited when someone returns. You are a welcome re-addition to our group and I look forward to your ESH!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Very happy to see you posting again ((((Nina)))) and to know that you have found a place of peace. Welcome back!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Hi Cmc, I'm very happy to hear that your son has been working his recovery for 5 years !!! Wow !! That's really wonderful. I hope that he married someone that will support him in that recovery & that you maybe got a wonderful daughter-in-law. I've learned how important that is too. And, You are the one who is really too nice to forget. It's so good to 'see' you again, my friend.

Hi there Lightseeker. Thank you for the 'welcome back'. When I'm not the one absent (haha) I too wonder about the welfare of the missing & am always relieved when & if they return. Thank you for still being here.

Well Greet, it's so very good to see that you are still here, sharing your very kind, uplifting & loving self, with everyone here. You truly are a "soothing sight for sore eyes". I'm so happy that you have remained here steadfast. It's good to 'see' you again, my friend.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Nina Kay

You can't have been gone that long, as I do remember your name.

WELCOME BACK

This is such a welcoming, loving community...I know I feel I will always be welcome.

My story in a nutshell, is that I fell in love with a long-time friend, sortof soulmate, long-time addict. I thought he was in recovery, but felt betrayed when I discovered that his fall was not a one-time happening. Extricating myself from him and the dramatic feelings that was constantly being aroused, was the biggest challenge I've ever faced.

With the help of S/R, I was able to do that, and once again, I walked through a door (in my recovery life) that I'm certain I will not ever walk backwards through again.

-Christine
Old 05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

I'm happy I decided to come back the same time you did.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Thanks for the 'Welcome Back', Coffeedrinker. I too am a coffee drinker, by the way. The coffeepot is the first place I head towards when I wake up every morning & all who knows me knows that they really shouldn't get between my & my first cup of coffee. LOL Thanks for remembering me & I'm glad that you updated me on your story. I'm happy to hear that you are on the recovered side of your recovery.

Cupicake, I am also glad that you & I decided to come back at the same time. I'm very glad & relieved to be back here at SR, among supportive & caring friends and I'm sure that you must be too. This time, I hope we'll both stay where we belong.