Unfamiliar with posting, but looking for help

Old 02-27-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unfamiliar with posting, but looking for help

I read in another post about something called Naranon? I would like to understand what is happening with my husband and our life. My husband is and has been on numerous medications for depression & anxiety under the care of a psychiatrist. However, he has an extremely addictive personality and has abused prescription meds in the past and I think it might be happening again.
The odd thing I cannot understand is that he has 3 different personalities. 1. Sweet, kind, caring, attentive OR 2. irritable, very hyper, testy, anxious, unpatient, unappropriate, attacking OR 3. quiet, distant, unable to concentrate, not aware of things he is doing (spilling, dropping things, etc). A close friend thinks he might be going through 'withdrawals'. I don't know what to think or look for. Would Naranon be something that might be able to help me? Thank you.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yes, naranon is a place for you. do a search for meetings in your area - there may be only a few, as it's not as common as al-anon. in which case, then go to al-anon.
they both function under the same principles.

also, keep coming here to this board. we're here for you, we understand, and many of us have had shockingly similar stories as you have.

welcome here.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Coffee drinker & cynical one

Thank you both. I will check for meetings I never knew there was an explanation for the personality changes, so your reply helped me alot. I don't know if I am posting/replying the right way, but again, thank you.