Clean for 8 months now - good news update

Old 01-29-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
turning red!

Clean for 8 months now - good news update

Hi everyone,

It's been ages i haven't come to SR but yesterday i was thinking of you friends & of this forum that has helped me so much when i was at my lowest. And thought i need to give an update, especially when it's a nice upbeat update
Just a small recap for those who don't know me and my situation: i have now been with an addict for 11 years. During those years there was ups and some downs which became more and more frequent towards the last 5 years when his addiction was spiraling out of control. His DOC is heroin and lately heroin + sleeping pills (all mixed and injected). I
We have a daughter (now 32mths) and the first 2 years of her life he was mostly in rehab (court order) and prison for 6 months. He left prison in March 2010 and we decided to leave Hong Kong (where he is from and where i've lived for 14 years) and to live in France (where i am from).
We arrived France in June 2010 and he's been cleaned since. I guess the change of scenery is working out so far. I haven't seen him that happy since ages ago. He's so upbeat and a good daddy. He's learning French 3 times a week and has met lots of friends whom he plays basketball with and play guitar with. Basically he's reborn! I'm enjoying everyday of it and can only cross my fingers things will finally work out. Time will only tell.
As for me, i'm now looking for work and in the meantime taking care of my daughter 120% (when i was working i was too busy with crazy time schedule and now it's nice to catch up). Things are great and i wanted to share them with you.
and sending a little picture to cap it
Carine x
Old 01-29-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
turning red!

Old 01-29-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
turning red!

oups the picture is huge, sorry!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wondered about you just the other day and here you are

I'm happy to hear life is better for your family!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Carine))) - I've often wondered where you were and how you were doing, too, so very glad you checked in.

I'm really glad things are going well, and your daughter is absolutely adorable!! All 3 of you look so happy

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-29-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow! What a nice surprise to hear from you Funkzter! You sound great and it is nice to hear that things are going so well. Your daughter is sure a little sweety pie! I agree all 3 of you look very happy.

Rose
Old 01-29-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Funkster! So glad you checked in...The little one is adorable and all 3 of you look very happy! I hope life continues to treat you all well. Hugs.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ahhhhhh Funkster! So great to see all of your smiling faces and to hear the GREAT news about Rain!

I think that the 2 year trek that Rain made is what really helps someone to get enough time away from drugs for their brain to heal. I know it's been hard on you but hopefully, the future will be smooth sailing for all of you now.

That's exciting that you have moved to France! I have thought about you frequently and have been keeping my fingers crossed that you would check in some day - and here you are!!!!!

I've missed you but am so happy to hear how well things have been going!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Funkster,

So glad you stopped by and with nice uplifting news!!! I am happy for all 3 of you, your daughter is just beautiful and the three of you look happy enjoying life these days!! Good for you, you certainly deserve it.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's so great that the geographic move has helped Rain stay out of trouble and that you guys are so happy. Beautiful photo too!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am so glad I peeked my head in tonight and saw your post!
Your daughter is beautiful...your family looks happy and healthy

I am so happy that things are going well and send prayers your way that it continues....it is always wonderful to hear positive updates
Old 02-01-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am glad I logged in! This is wonderful news!!! Your daughter is beautiful! I wish things to stay that way..new country, new leaf!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nice family pic! Your daughter is beautiful. Glad to hear things are going well for you!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
turning red!

thanks my friends, it's great to see your names up there
i always hoped moving out of HK will be of some help to Rain and so far it has. Doesn't mean it's the solution for everything but in that case it did help him to be far from his temptation and break the habit. He has found some purpose in life: people here doesn't know him and his past: he can rebuilt an healthy identity without fear of judgement.
In HK i was the one who had the social life, the good work, the travellings and so on..and he was the lonely addict doing his thing alone alone alone. Now it's his turn: he studies, meets more people than i and is simply happy. It's great. Now i start to be jealous and need to meet new friends too, hahaha )
Anyway, let's not be naive: there is drugs out there and if he really wants he can get it anytime he wants wherever he is but, with new purpose in his life, he seems so far he doesn't need it.
Will keep update...
Hugs to all
Carine
Old 02-02-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Funk, so happy you checked in and your daughter is getting so big and she is so pretty.

France sounds like a great place for the three of you to be Im so glad you are happy and all doing well.

Keep checking in, you are missed around here
Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
cmc

Funkster! It's so good to hear from you, Carine; especially with such happy news.

Thanks for dropping by with an update and also for the great family photo. I can't believe the baby is almost three years old. Time flies huh?

I have such fond memories of my early days here at SR- with you and the bunch that frequented FFSA way back when.

Again...it's wonderful to hear from you and know that you are so happy.