Another Update

Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FGB

Another Update

So while at the 1/2 way house, my son has been having horrible headaches, finally went to the er in the small town. And the next day, and the next.
He called me yesterday and told me they were sending him back to our big city hospital. I talked to him a little later, and they were going to do an MRI and a spinal tap. I know spinal taps are painful, so I didn't call back later, didn't want to bother him. That was last evening.

This am I get a call, he had more brain surgery last nite. Massive swelling and infection.

They called his dad and told him. I'm soooo angry that no one called me. This is flipping brain surgery. I'm his mother.

He's off the ventilater now, and doing fine, he even posted an update on FB. So yes, I'm so grateful everything well went, and he's speaking and acting appropriate and doing well, I can't help but be angry at his father for not calling me last nite to let me know what was happening. I've told him over and over to let me know when things happen.

I'm angry and venting. Am I over reacting? Thanks. FGB
Old 01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FGB

I should clarify, I'm angry at his dad for not calling me. Jerk!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
it is what it is

First, i am so glad your son is doing well now - and i would be very upset if someone did not call me about such a serious thing - it seems control issues carry into all relationships - your son's father not calling you feels to me like an attempt to control the situation in some way -
Old 01-17-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

FGB
I'm so sorry to hear that your son's issues are continuing but glad to know that he was able to get what he needed!

Who knows why his dad didn't call you. Perhaps he didn't know either, or perhaps he wanted to make you angry, or perhaps he didn't want to worry you. All in all, it doesn't really matter......there was nothing that you could do to help your son. He was getting the care he needed and that's what really really counts. His dad's motives for not calling you are insignificant compared to the fact that your son is ok.

This has been such a difficult road for you. Thank you for keeping us updated. I have been wondering how he is doing. Not good to hear that he has had more problems with his brain but good to hear that he got the care he needed!!! I can't even imagine how difficult these last couple of months have been for you. You and your son are in my prayers.

gentle hugs

Last edited by Kindeyes; 01-17-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: I used a no no word
Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

His father might have assumed you called the hospital yourself.

It's wonderful news that your son is beginning self care and that he is healing
Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((FGB))) - I'm glad your son is doing better.

As to why his dad didn't call you, who really knows? I, too, would be upset, but in the long run, it doesn't matter, and I'd just have to work through the anger and move on. Though he's still your son, he is being treated (in the eyes of the hospital and halfway house) as an adult.

My prayers are going up that he continues to make a full recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-18-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update FGB. I'm glad your son is doing well after the surgery. Maybe your HP had his hand in there, no need for you to worry as all came out ok??? IDK just a different way to look at it. I'm also glad that your son is making attempts to communicate with you.