Im so dizzy my head is spinning

Old 01-07-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

Im so dizzy my head is spinning

got that tune in my head..cause thats how I feel..soooo dizzy..soooo confused..
things are still moving forward with the divorce and Im just getting more
and more overwhelmed and confused..everyone seems to have advice,
do this , do that, talk to this attorney..etc..etc..etc.
I truly appreciate the advice, my family and friends have been a godsend
dont get me wrong..but my head is spinning!
Im at the point I cant think straight. Im getting foggy, actually to the point
where I feel stupid, cant even talk right.
so I broke down at the drs.office last night and thougt for sure I was
headed to the ER..but instead he talked me out of it and gave me some
medication refills and said that what your going through will have this affect on you, try to work through it but also rest.
he ordered scans and blood work and having that done next week, just more
on my schedule..
get in the car and read the blood request to make sure my onc. blood work they request are listed and I see he ordered a PSA test on me!! well, that
sure made me laugh, I will tell the tech that Im getting a psa test and they need to give my ex a pap,lol.

so today, I decided I needed to speak up and tell my family that I need
help with talking to my attorney, I need a spokesman sort of speak because I cant comprehend right now what is being sad or done.

I know I have gotten this far, this is just another hill to climb and am trying my best, thats all I can do.

so since yesterday I expressed my weakened state finally. I had to do it as
I am at a very crucial phase of the divorce and cant make rational decisions.
my emotions are playing into this much much too much and that isnt a good thing right now. so as much as I feel weak I also feel strong because now I came forward and asked for help.

I know this is normal and with having to deal with addiction for a few years prior to this certainly put a huge impact on my self esteem, my strength and my sanity and just too weak to do it on my own.

lesson learned here, dont be afraid to say you need help, dont be afraid to
tell your story and ask for help..as much as we think we can do this alone, we might not and for myself it has taken a toll..so onward I go with support

thank you all for giving me the much needed support I needed to get this far.
Im onto another phase now with more support but truly want to thank you all for getting me this far and I have faith I will get through this too. I have faith I will be okay and will find happiness and peace.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

lesson learned here, dont be afraid to say you need help, dont be afraid to
tell your story and ask for help..as much as we think we can do this alone, we might not and for myself it has taken a toll..so onward I go with support
this was my toughest lesson in recovery tam. asking for help. truly it i would do anything rather than ask for help. I got a lesson in humility during rehab that really made it clear to me that i cannot walk thru my troubles alone.
thank you for posting and reminding me i am human.

Beth
Old 01-07-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Tam..it's so not in our nature to ask for help.You've had a real sh&$spiral and hopefully are due to come out of it pretty soon.Meanwhile..take all the help you can get! This WILL pass and freedom beckons across the way...
Old 01-07-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound like a strong woman Tam with a good head on your shoulders. We all get to a point when things are confusing that we have to reach out for help. I have to tell you that I also broke down in the Dr's office with this last relapse my son has had. They can be such compassionate people when we truly need their help. Good luck with everything and keep asking for the help others do enjoy giving.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

tam
Good for you for asking for help. Divorce can make any perfectly sane person feel like a basket case. It was so smart of you to admit that you needed help--that's very hard for some of us to do.

Breathe. Take care of yourself. We'll be here for you.

gentle hugs
Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang on my friend. You are doing the best you can do. Take any help that you can get. You will get though this...look at how far you have come so far!!! Take care.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tam

thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement..Im getting there slowly.
what we sometimes dont realize that stress and pressure and getting overwhelmed makes us think foggy and again going through this process and making decisions is very important and its best to have others who are thinking more clearly to assist you. afterall, we arent superman.

Im a little better today, can think pretty good and have some ideas and options to pursue.

so today I made plans to go to dinner and have some drinks with my tenant its her birthday. we are going to a nice place here in town, so Im a little nervous getting out in public and probaly running into old friends, but Im going
to give it a go..bite the bullet.

I really dont drink, so going to only have a few , dont want any booze to interfere with my psa blood test next week..hahaha

thought I good laugh was in order