keep fighting on

Old 11-20-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

keep fighting on

was very busy stressful week, my AH is taking me to order of cause court in dec.so all week I have been gathering up documents, letters from family, friends and coworkers and had meeting with my attorney yesterday. think it went well. I wont hear until dec.1 from the judge about my counterclaim.
so where am I at? lets see. well, I know our marriage is over. having been seperated for 11 months had trying to keep hope alive about our marriage,I now have closure on that. Him? well, he is still an addict, seriously ill addict.
the other night I called him, very calm and nice and told him I had very important medical bills he had to get for his attorney. I told him you need to drop this case (not divorce), your not going to look good, our medical bills
are more than we are worth, please your wasting attorney money. you have alot of skeletons in your closet, this couple is going to find out the truth and so is your attorney...He replied,I cant. we dont have rent, they are 4 months behind. .huh!! they all hit rock bottom. so he arrived and I let him hold his little baby girl dog. he cried. he said I love you, will always love you and I said take care (crying) please dont die, please dont die. he just stared at me and left.
so yesterday after talking to my attorney about this pain medication problem, I took this a notch step up, I filed a complaint against his dr.with the state
medical board..oh why are you asking? 3 reasons. 1. if this complaint saves one more person or family from addiction that will be good. 2. drs.told me my husband is going to die from these pills. so let that guilt be on his dr. mind,not mine. 3. I will never live with the "if only I would have reported this dr. he wouldnt have died."
so last night I took a nice long hot bath had some pizza and held my doggies and watched tv. Yes, I cried. I cried tears of sorrow. sorrow that he is gone, sorrow that he is so ill, sorrow that this ever happened.
today? I got up, did some chores and heading out to dinner with my niece and a funny movie, to laugh.
tomorrow? dont know.
I did what I had to do. to all of you on here, you are courageous! it takes
courage to stand up to drug addiction, it takes courage to change, it takes
courage to recover.
for anyone contemplating divorce, please please protect yourself before its too late..write everything down, get letters, get your finances protected..do what you have to do to survive cause if you think for one second the addict
will change or the addict loves you and things will get better or they will get help you might be wrong..so be prepared..is it easy?? heck no, it sure hasnt been, but I truly know that today I am much better than I was 11 months ago and as for the future? who knows, all I can do is look forward and try to be thankful for each day I get.
and last but not least a huge thank you to each and everyone of you on SR, you all were and still are here for me, every minute,every second of the day. every post one way or another got me to where I am today.
and I will continue to pray, pray for my recovery, pray for my health and strength and pray for him.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers go out for all of you too.

One day at a time, that's all any of us can do.

Hugs
Old 11-20-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep taking steps forward...Little by little you will work your way through...Remember that you are not walking alone - there's tons of support here and people who care. My prayers are with you.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there Tam...
Old 11-20-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tam
You are doing so well. It's hard but you're doing the tough stuff to stay healthy. One day at a time.......it will get better.

gentle hugs
Old 11-20-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sorry hon. I'll be praying for you too.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
it is what it is

my prayers are added to the rest - it sounds like you are doing really well with staying focused on your recovery -
Old 11-21-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FGB

Tam, you have my prayers too. Good for you for doing what you have to do. I'm proud of you. Hang in there. FGB