Can I do anything right today????

Old 11-11-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can I do anything right today????

Oh my goodness....Well, my husband came home after work tonight....I have just been ignoring him lately....But he has been unbearable....The house isn't clean enough...we use too much laundry soap????? Really? I stood my ground, but didn't argue or fight with him......He left, so hopefully he will stay gone for a while....Can't wait to get out of this mess....So stressful
Old 11-11-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

Saraw, I feel for you, I really do. I can just imagine what you're going through with that kind of behavior and trying to ignore him, and they make that just about impossible, don't they? They really can suck the life right out of you when they want. What I've learned is that when they act this way, they are actually doing you a favor. Notice how you say you can't wait to get out? If he weren't being a jackass, you wouldn't have that urge to get the heck out of there. I know it sucks, but hang in there. Just remember that you aren't doing anything wrong. Remember the old saying from elementary school: "I am rubber and you are glue,your words bounce off me and stick to you." Okay, so reverting back to grade-school tactics may not be the best, but there's nothing wrong with a little humor to hopefully lighten things up a bit.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, jeez, do I remember that cr*p from my exh. He was having an affair (I did not know it at the time), and he would criticize me over the most stupid and inconsequential things....like how I cooked lentils.

It's all just him trying to justify to himself what he is doing. He wants to make it so that you are the "bad guy" in all of this. Please don't listen to him! It's all smoke and mirrors.

Next thing you know, you're going to go all maverick on him and vacuum the carpets in the wrong direction!

Hugs and prayers, HG
Old 11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
Next thing you know, you're going to go all maverick on him and vacuum the carpets in the wrong direction!
Ok.....this cracked me up.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

lol....hydro....I don''t intend to vacuum the carpet....I would do it improperly, I am sure though....I did my part...I made a few extra dirty dishes for him to clean....lol....

I have been cleaning this house for years...I can't recall the last time he used the vacuum.....My not cleaning has made him go to the strip club....what a terrible person I am for doing this to him....

And yes....justtired...he is doing me a favor...It is much easier to be angry than sad....It is helping to keep me on the right path....I can do this....
Old 11-11-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FGB

Hi Sara, I agree 100% with Hydro, he's trying to take the focus off of himself. My x used to do that too. Nothing I did was ever right, or good enough. Don't ever start believing him, it's a horrible road to go down.

Hydro, loved the vacumning in the wrong direction remark! Made me laugh out loud, which I haven't done a lot of lately. Thank you.

FGB
Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SaraW,

I think the right thing you did today was come here and post.
because that cracked me up too, about maverick vacuuming.
ha, i used to get remarks about my cooking.
it wasnt like his mothers! yeah, i like mine not an overcooked mush of tastelessness!
bwa ha ha ha!

you keep doing the next right thing for YOU sara.
stand your ground.
you are doing good.

beth
maverick vacuumer and un mother like cook.

Last edited by wicked; 11-11-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: add emphasis
Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you....It's nice to have some encouragement once in a while....
Old 11-11-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

We are all cheering for you! You do what is best for you, and remember to NOT pick up whatever baggage he is trying to lay at your feet.....he packed it, he can carry it.

Hugs for you and your kids,
HG
Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hydrogirl
You're on a roll tonight!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Deflecting...Deflecting....and more Deflecting! You are doing just fine, let him babble on, his words mean nothing, don't allow those hollow words get the best of you.

We are here for you!