update..things are rolling now

Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

update..things are rolling now

been a very stressful 2 weeks, things are rolling with our attorneys, or should I say his attorney..they are threatening me with court for funds,which I dont have..long story, but if they do, I can lose everything ..Im going to fight this one.
however, I had to write a history of our marriage, it upset me to read my story. my coworkers were sad too, they had no idea what exactly has happened to us or should I say me.
this is wearing me down, Im stressed out. this past weekend I cried alot.
I cant believe it has come down to this. him and the young couple are out to destroy me, wanting to suck the blood right out of me. I pray that a judge sees through this and keeps me in control of our finances, or Im screwed.
Im a victim of addiction , Im a victim of people who are ruthless,evil and what is sad is they dont give a hoot about my husband, he is gravely ill.
they will go to any extent to destroy me and watch him die.
I know he is involved, but he is sick, extremely sick in the head. it angers
me that a drug can make him do this to me after all I have done for him.
But then I get sad, sad for him..living a lonely life, living a life of lies, living a life of nothing but pills..it has to be horrible by now..I see how awful he looks.
All I can do is fight, fight on, I have reached out to people to help me, they
are willing to make statements on my behalf and I pray a judge sees through this mess.
oh well, take it one day at a time, I got this far so can continue on.
I want to thank each and everyone of you on here, I truly truly wouldnt be here today as strong as I am if it werent for this forum.
I hate this disease!!!
hugs to all
Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tam, I pray for a good outcome for you in court.

I'm older than many here, and life (and recovery) has taught me that it's not about money or stuff or houses...it's about what is in our hearts and our minds. Peace of mind, hearts that can smile again, and good health are all I need for happiness today. Anything more is just bonus.

You will get through this, I promise. And days ahead will be brighter for you, life just works that way.

Hugs
Old 11-11-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tam

thank you ann, and your right..I also realize it is what it is and the true with be told. thats all I can do, take it one day at a time, and dont project!
anyone who is going through this with a spouse, please do yourelf a favor, write down everything. I had piles of papers scribbled with info pertaining to him and the date etc..putting it into a journal now for my attorney..thankful I did that.
I also must say, as bad as it has been for me, and how great is also has been for me in our marriage, I have no regrets, it is just another chapter in the journey of my life.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there Tam.It's unfair and rough right now, but I just know some amazing things are gonna come your way soon.You deserve it.Those people are miserable and you will soon be free of them.They have to live with their stickin little selves forever!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just wish I could give you a real hug. You're going thru so much. Probably the best thing you can do is to cry, let out the emotion.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

tam
Keep taking care of you and try not to worry too much about what may or may not happen. You'll be ok. I'll keep you in my prayers

gentle hugs
Old 11-12-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

just giving you my support tam, i really hope everything works out for you and you can relax someday.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tam,

Just wanted to show you support. I feel your pain, it's not right is it? We are the ones who suffered many of the consequences that should have been the addict's. Now that we are trying to make our own way we still have to deal with the insanity of it all.

I am thankful that my ex just took of to parts unknown and I can't locate him. (Not that I want to!) My lawyer said likely this will result in the divorce going in my favor. Makes me feel like I ought to thank him for running away! As sick as that sounds. But even so I am still left with the massive mess he left behind to clean up. And I just look at it like it's just something I have to do. Not really like we have a choice, no?

When things get bad I tell myself this "This too shall pass." Look ahead to the future and see that eventually this will all be a memory. It won't be like this forever. We have to put faith in our HP that things will work out the way they should. You have documented everything and I beleive the judge will take that into consideration. He is the one who messed his life up, just as my ex has.

We have to "Let go and Let God" we have to lay our burden down and know that our HP will take care of us. We don't have to shoulder the burden alone. And even if things don't exactly go our way we have to beleive that our HP has control of it and has plans for us that maybye we can't see.

Hang in there my sister in pain. We will make it through this & be stronger for it.

Hugs,
Teggie
Old 11-12-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My heart breaks for you right now and will keep you in my prayers for a positive end to all of this for YOU! You definitely deserve that. I agree with keepinon in that you will soon be free of these people. You can move on and find peace. Someday soon. We are rooting for you here. Hang in there.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tam.

Your in my prayers, I know this has too be so very stressful for you. I also hope the judge can see through all this, most judges have seen some of everything so hopefully this one has, as well.