WoooHOOOooohooo

Old 10-28-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

WoooHOOOooohooo

That was my best attempt at a scary noise in print

So with Halloween just around the bend, lets share some real experiences that will give you goosebumps, keep you awake at night and make your hair stand on end. I know, many of us have experienced all of the above with our addicts, but lets leave that behind for a spell (Haha spell! Get it?) and share our scariest real life experiences. We've all had them at some point in our lives. Right?

So I'll start:
When I was a curious young gal of about thirteen or so, my best friend and I used to sneak down to a vacant house down the road a bit, just to dare each other to go inside. Legend had it that a man had hung himself in there (a legend that I found out later may not have been totally true, but work with me), and that since then it remained empty. It wasn't an old or run down place, and it had a huge picture window that looked out the back into some woods.

There we sat, quiet as mice, perched in the woods and staring into the window. When suddenly, a shadow appeared. It covered the entire wall opposite the window. And much to our terror, the shadow was...the face of a man, with deep set eyes and a scowl!

I went to scream but couldn't. My friend jumped up and began running. Neither of us said a word until we reached home, running the entire way. When we finally had the courage to speak, it turned out that she had seen the same thing!

Was it the trees casting shadows? Was it merely the imagination of the young? Or was it...a ghost? Bwaaahaaahaaaa
Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I see dead people.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
I see dead people.
Really? Do they TALK to you?
Old 10-28-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Actually, when I was a little girl.......dead people use to parade through my bedroom staring at me while I laid in my bed. It was very strange because some were old, some were young, some were children and they were dressed in garb from all time periods. They never said a word......just walked by my bed and stared at me (I stared back from my little breathing hole I made out of my covers). It scared the bajeebers out of me!

wwwwhhhoooohoohoooooooooooo!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

My hair stylist lives in a quaint small town with big old Victorian homes in the downtown section. She would take her 4 year old daughter for walks in the evening. Whenever they passed this one house, the little girl would look up to a window on the second floor and wave. Her mother would look up but saw nothing and she'd ask the little girl who she was waving to. Her daughter told her all about the woman who lived in the house, describing her in detail and what she was wearing, what she was doing, why she was sad. It became apparent that she was describing someone from another century. Things got weirder and the little girl (somewhat like Kindeyes described) started not wanting to sleep in her bed at home because she said "people came in there at night." The mom started doing some research and found out there was a woman just like her daughter described who lived in that house in the 1800's and was murdered in the same room the little girl looked up to each evening....

Bwaaahaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I live in the house that my father passed away in. My dad had one of the first TV's with a remote (only 2 buttons, volume & channel). My husband & I moved in with Dad about a year before he passed away. He would sleep in the living room. He didn't sleep well at night, so he would wake up and turn the TV on. He would get the 2 buttons mixed up and instead of changing the channel, he would turn the volume up. The TV (or him yelling at it) would wake me and my husband up and one of us would have to come down and turn it down for him.

A few months after Dad was gone, I was home alone, walking by the TV and it came on, volume as loud as it would go. Scared the crap out of me. OK! so no big deal, turn it off and go on. Just one of those hummmm things. Then it started to happen on a regular basis, just to me. My husband thought it was funny and I really don't think he believed me. After happening a few times it really didn't scare me, I would just say "OK Dad I know your here, love ya, miss ya, and could you please stop scaring me. Finally one day it happened to my husband & me. After it happened to him a couple of times, he unplugged the TV and took it to the garage. He said there must be a short in the wires somewhere. I know it was my Dad, although I have never seen him, there are still times that I know he is here. Comforting in a weird sort of way.

Gotahavfaith
Old 10-28-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Y'all are trippin' me out. You're just tellin' stories, right?
Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry Slvr....True story! LOL

Gotahavfaith
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My father drilled into us that we had absolutely nothing to fear from the dead, but the live ones were real killers.

My sister claims to routinely see an entire family sitting at her dining room table and she lives alone. She enjoys the company. I believe she is dreaming.

Back to daddio.....he lived for Halloween. We did not have a pot to **** in but he had all sorts of expensive masks and bloody hands and all that. He enjoyed ( I am not kidding here) laying in the gutter ( Chicago) and waiting for the punk kids to arrive and then he would start with his moaning and eventually take off after them. My sister and I would watch the fun from our apartment window.

He ( wearing a hideous mask ) also enjoyed packing my sister and I into the car around Halloween ( roughly that period between Labor Day and Thanksgiving) and the search for "no good dirty punko kids" would begin. Once found, we would chase then down alleys, in his beater car, while screaming, flashing the car lights and waiving bloodied plastic arms out the windows.

My sister and I would roar with laughter. Gawd knows what the punko kids thought.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
tam

I always have weird thoughts of a death of someone. and strangely it happens.
a few years back while going on my usual walk on a dam, I saw a lady in a car. that wasnt unusual, people park there everyday for the view.I came back and told my coworkers I think she is going to committ suicide..they said..oh no, here we go again (as previously I thought of other people's death and it happened)..well the next day we read in the paper the lady jumped off the dam ..
the day my dad passed away, 1/13/2004, my, my husband's and my brothers watched stop working and to this day they still read 1:13, also that night of his death, my tv, my brothers tv and my niece's tv came on all by themselves in the middle of the night..
it doesnt scare me, I know he made it to heavan and gave us a sign and continues to guide me and give me signs, I get them often.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Picture Richie Cunningham, Potsie and Ralph here...

In the Happy Days of drive in restaurants, my brother and some friends thought it would be fun to scare the carhops if one of them (my brother) got in the trunk and hung out his arm covered in ketchup blood.

One man there almost had a heart attack and called police, who arrested my brother and friends.

The judge knew that these kids were good kids who just did something stupid, and let them off with a finger wagging and stern warning.

Okay, it's not a scary story but first one that came into my mind.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tam

here at work 2 weeks ago, I took someones uniform, stuffed the pants with newspaper. I placed the legs on the loading dock with sneakers on too.
we all hid behind the equipment as each truck would back into loading dock,
get out of cab and see that they hit a person!!
first trucker, put his hands on his head saying omg omg!! holy s..., he couldnt move, then we all started laughing.
second trucker, he looked at the dummy and ran back into his cab..
third trucker, he said..wtf!! stood there looking around for us, just shocked.
I have accumlated dozens of masks over the years here, each day or so Im hiding or my coworkers are hiding , we scare each other constantly.
few weeks ago my boss arrived at work, hey I just saw a bear walk down the driveway and go into the woods, we were like wow cool..we all went outside,no bear. I waited about an hour, put on the gorilla mask and crawled to his window. I pop up and got him visually shaken..
it is mandatory that any new employee for the production facility gets scared too, I put on a mask (scary one) and hide in gaylord boxes and we ask them to open it , there were a few times I have been punched..LOL
Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

These stories are just too funny......er......I mean scary!

Thanks for brightening my day with this thread!

scary hugs
Old 10-29-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

A story of a bat...

A few years back, while trying to fall asleep for the night, I was annoyed by a commotion in the family room. So I went out to tell my grown kids to stop the nonsense, I was trying to sleep.

My daughter, quite white in the face cried, “Mom, there’s a bat in the house”!
So mustering up the no nonsense courage that I had recently gained form SR, I calmly asked “Where?” Both her and son pointed to the blinds in the living room, and there it was hanging from the top rod. It didn’t look so threatening, just a ball of fur, so I reached for the light switch.

Just as my son yelled “No” I flicked on the switch, and that little bugger ended up being a big bugger, flying right for me! I immediately did what any self respecting watcher of old movies would do and I covered my hair and dropped the floor. I remember that I would’ve sworn that it hovered for a moment, with a Vincent Price head looking back at me. I then did an army crawl back to my bedroom.

Meanwhile the sight that I witnessed from the crack of the bedroom door had me laughing so hard I was crying. Son and daughter would pass by the hall, chasing the bat with a blanket, only to pass again from the other direction – both yelling - with the same blanket over their heads, and the bat close behind. This went one for a few rounds until youngest son ( sleeping across the hall and none too happy he was awakened) started down the hall announcing he would take care of the bat. In his hand was a b-b gun ( I hope) Now we were all yelling, with me directing my shouts at youngest son “You can’t shoot that in HERE!”

Not an issue it seemed because in an instant the bat turned toward youngest son, which sent him flying back down the hall, screaming like a girl, with a bat in close pursuit behind him.

What a sight! They eventually managed to get the thing out of the house, but not without a lot of chaos, and mom laughing her head off.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hahaha Cece...I can just see it in my mind!

When I was about 12 my mom, baby brother and me lived in a little apt, we were pretty poor and everything we had was hand me downs, esp the tv, we actually had two, the big one on the bottom that had a picture but no sound and a smaller one that sat on top that had no picture but had sound. But after a couple of weeks the bottom tv gave out leaving us just the one with sound. We could "listen" to TV but could'nt watch it! Around that time the movie "The Exorcist" was making it's TV debut, we decided we could at least listen to it so we turned the top tv on.

At the time the movie came on the picture started working on the tv that previously only had sound. We were delighted of course! We popped popcorn and sat down to watch it. All was going well until the movie ended, then Bam! the picture dissappeared!

Thinking it just had a loose connection my mom asked a friend's husband to take a look at it. He came over and opened the tv up, after looking a bit he told my mom to get rid of it because it it was missing the required wires to make the picture tube work!
Talk about floored! How could we have watched a movie on a TV that had no way of showing a picture?

Needless to say that tv went into the dumpster that night! And to this day we have never watched that movie again!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Awakening

When I was a little boy, I had twin beds in my room. I was about 8 years old and laying in my bed looking over at the other bed one night. On it sat one of those flat, white boxes like the dept stores used to send new cloths home in. The box was open, sitting in it's upside down lid, with 2 or 3 button up shirts and the tissue paper still in it.

It was the weekend and my step father was entertaining some business associates for dinner and cocktails. Every body was all dressed up and and I'd been given explicit instructions NOT to interrupt the ADULTS. So there.

Well, as I watched from my OWN little breathing/peep hole under the covers, this box slowly levitated and floated a lap around my room, before gently landing back on my other bed. Man I was absolutely FROZEN with fear, for about five minutes, that is.

When I UN-froze, Katie bar the door, I was OUTTA THERE screaming down the hall to the living room where all my step fathers muckity-muck friends were half in the bag.

He was big and mean, and he was strict, and I'd better do as I was told. But I remember him telling me I must have had a nightmare and I should just go back to bed, I looked him in the eye and simply said, "nope". He didn't know whether to sh!t or go blind!

My mom took me back there and we inspected the box and it was full of tiny little bugs, but they were nowhere else on the bed or the floor, weird.

Needless to say, I joined that party and even closed it down. Never did figure out what had happened that night, it's been 50 years and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

P.S. To Teggie, man you had TWO T.V.'s? Lucky.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It's almost Halloween and I love these stories.....so I'm bump bump bumping in the night!

whowoowoooowooooowoowo again
Old 10-29-2010, 09:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

About ten years ago in October, my husband and I went to the Colorado river. We stayed in a motel just outside of Blythe, CA. Wonderful trip, good fishing, good eating, fun swimming and etc. Got back to motel around 8 p.m, showered and totally crashed in the bed. Sound, sound asleep.

About 3:00 a.m. I woke myself up with the very painful scream coming up from my belly. It hurt so bad in my chest. I opened my eyes and saw 3 people standing over my side of the bed staring at me. They were from the 1940's with the black suits and black hats. There was a women in the middle of two men. Of course, it woke my husband up and he said "what's wrong". Well I never scream at all, not like that. It was a gut wrenching scream that hurt my chest. I just felt evil coming from them.

We both sat up and I said...Wow, must have been a really bad dream.

Then all of a sudden, our hotel door jiggled like a key was put in. I told my husband ...to go check it. He looked out the peep hole and nobody was there. He flew back into the bed. And we just sat there real quiet.

Well, I posted about it on a "ghost" message board. Lots of people wanted to know where the area was and what hotel. Told them but no one ever responded. Scary things do happen out in the bleak desert!!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
tam

today was rough getting up this morning, just wanted to stay in bed with covers over my head, drained physically & emotionally, very bad week.
just felt so out of it, cant believe what has happened to me and what will continue to happen..one of the days..blah!
I finally got up, decided to push myself and go to the bank and food shop.
got to food store and noticed many employees were dressed up for halloween, the usual clowns,witches etc.
I come to the dairy/meat isle and start looking through bacon shelf..a young nice looking young man with his store uniform looks at me and saids..
"can I help you", I turn around and noticed this poor young man only has one eye, the other is fake, quite noticeable.I felt so sad for him, so young and here I am pitying myself..I said no thank you, he then walks toward me.."are you sure if you dont like what is out I can go get you something"..I again say nicely, no, no thank you, but I just felt so sad for him..
I walk away and I hear him and the other employee crack up!! I turn around
and realize that was his costume!! hahahhaha..
think that was meant to be,someone was giving me a message