Youngest son now has 3 hots and a cot

Old 09-23-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Moose))) - Jacksonville's not that far from ME (about 4 or 5 hours)...be sure to pick me up on the way I'd offer to drive you down there, if you could get to Atlanta, but I've got this darned "job" thing I have to do...drats

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-23-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
BBD

Happy Birthday Moose. I sure hope this is the last mess you;ll be involved with. Happened to Duey and I once..but luckily we were in jacksonville at the time. So funny that it was the same town you'll be dealing with. They were very nice to us......but...never again. Good luck Bonnie
Old 09-23-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Now, there just has to be some wonderful things to do in Jacksonville for your surprise birthday trip!
The sound of the ocean is my favorite soothing thing in the whole world...Calgon BIG TIME....LOL

I would love to go along but....gee...I just left FL a couple of years ago.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Good News! Long trip ahead of you, but, October is a beautiful month in Florida!

Happy Birthday Girl!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now how often have I spoken of "God's strangely wrapped gifts"?

Well, what I see here is you and Mr. Moose having a wonderful vacation, driving through the mountains in autumn heading for the Sunshine State, staying in some fancy dancy hotel along the way, doing your business then frolicking on a beach for a couple of days before your trip home.

Poooey that the "business part" isn't great, but there...another gift...you can sell the dang car and no longer worry about the loan you cosigned.

The rest is a honeymoon style vacation under palm trees and by the ocean.

If I didn't know how annoying and upsetting this whole thing has been for you, I'd say it's a "strangely wrapped Birthday Gift" from your HP.

:day6
Old 09-23-2010, 06:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Well....

Right now the car has expired plates on it...(one more thing to fix)

SO...I am calling a personal title guy I know and think I can fix the problem with the registration...so I can buy temporary plates up here.....I'll see...

But this unfortunately is going to be a FAST trip, cause Mr. Moose is having surgery Oct. 5th...and my sister is having surgery this Monday...and we all have all these appts.
BUT, I'll do my best to rearrange things...US codies can rearrange things faster than green grass through a goose!

And, I think this is probably the best birthday present I've had in years.

(although I did buy a new hair dryer today...woo woo)
Old 09-23-2010, 08:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Moose!

Sorry to hear that you are going through all this nasty BS, but it sure could have been nastier. It is sad but we just get to the point of No More Help! Gosh what happened to the days when helping was helping, not it turning around and biting us in the butt.

Well one good thing is us Codies sure have learned to make the best out of bad, not alot of people have this talent you know!

Enjoy your trip...we know you will!

Rose
Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by mooselips View Post
But this unfortunately is going to be a FAST trip, cause Mr. Moose is having surgery Oct. 5th...and my sister is having surgery this Monday...and we all have all these appts.
Now I have visions of Smokey Moose and the Bandit running through my head.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

If you and Mr. Moose get picked up for speeding on this trip? Well, I'd bail you out myself just to watch the show as you 'splain to the judge who you are and what you were trying to get done in that short time span.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
If you and Mr. Moose get picked up for speeding on this trip? Well, I'd bail you out myself just to watch the show as you 'splain to the judge who you are and what you were trying to get done in that short time span.

Don't worry, I hear Judge Moosetti is making the rounds these days, and I have a feeling he might just understand more than you think...

Old 09-24-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

OMG!
I am laughing my butt off at the Moose's expense!

Mrs. Moose, I can at least recommend a very funny book to you..."Man of Constant Sorrow" (no kidding!) by Dr Ralph Stanley...I got to snorting so hard this morning I had to pinch my nose and cover my mouth so I didn't wake the neighborhood.

Something to do in those waiting rooms!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I HOPE and PRAY I don't need to see that judge, although he is kind of cute, all mooselike and all...lol

Anyway, got a couple of problems solved, kind of legally, (I said Kind of)
I ordered new tags for the car online, just put in the license plate number, and the last 4 of my sons social security.
I kind of fudged when it asked about is the car insured, but when WE drive it back we will be insured, so that's not a lie, right?

SO...when we get a copy of the memo title in the mail (7 to 10 days)I ordered from the bank that shows Mr. Mooses name is also on the title, we can go.
I think we have to go to the jail and have son sign off on car...but other than that I think it'll all be okay.

Anybody want to buy a car?
CHEAP. ha ha ha

In fact, if you live somewhere nice, I'll drive it to you.

I could just about kick me in my head, good grief, why did I give up my trust so easily? (although, it's not MY name on the title, it's Mr. Moose...)
Just because he was working, and "appeared" sober. DUH.

It's just wrong that I always have to learn by experience...lol

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on ME!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Here's my two cents worth. I don't see how they can sell the car if it already has a seller's lien on it. I believe the seller/financer's lien has priority over the impound place. They don't have more rights to the car than the owner....I think they'd have to stand in line behind the financer to get their money. You might want to contact the financer and fill them in on the situation and get their suggestion & help. How could it be auctioned with a clear title with a lien on it? On the registration it should reflect whether or not there is a lien on it. I agree with the others' suggestions to get the car and then put it up for sale to get you off the hook for as much of it as you can. If you're top-heavy on the loan, you might still have to pay the balance after the sale, but it would help minimize your loss and save your credit from getting bashed.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi Learn,
Well, when I called the forfeiture office yesterday, SHE said the only name on the title that they looked up, had ONLY my sons name on it. I said you are wrong, my husbands name is also on it.
I called the bank they are faxing a copy of the title in the next 2 or 3 days.
(heaven knows why it takes so long to fax a title...grrr)

BUT, yesterday the lady told me the car was moved from the impound lot to the police lot, so there will be no more daily impound charges. Did they move it to get ready for auction? Heaven knows.

But, as soon as we get the plates and title copy, we're on our way.

Mr. Moose is going to postpone his surgery for November, then we can at least ENJOY the trip instead of hurrying down and back.

Thanks........
Old 09-25-2010, 08:02 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

If your state is anything like mine, with co-signers, both names show up on the title but the registration just shows the first person and not the lienholder
...May be the folks in FL are talking about looking up the registration, not the title. I would agree the bank has ownership rights and they shouldn't be able to auction off until that is cleared up.

Glad you had a great birthday and will have time to make this trip more than just a rushed chore. Hugs
Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi everyone,
Well, had a nice talk with Frankly today via the phone!
She shared wonderful information, and a few things to check on before we head down to Florida.

One thing is that the car may be, being held for evidence, since it was used in a crime, and they may not release it...UNTIL TRIAL!

Therefore, we're just sitting back and adding up how much this is going to cost us.

Yikes.

Will try to call the arresting officer, or his Supervisor tomorrow, and see what's up.
Also my sister is having surgery tomorrow, so I'll be at the hospital during the morning...so not sure when I'll get to phone.....

Yikes.

Also...my son changed his mailing address, so that had to be changed today, so I'll get the tags for the car.
His ex GF did an address change online, so his mail will come here to our house for now. Otherwise, I won't get any notices from the Sherrifs Dept. about matters relating to the car.

Yikes...

Hugs and hugs...........
Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Ah Moosie, good to know that you are taking in the big picture and not just rushing off to Florida. I can only imagine how it would have ticked you off to find out they might not release the car to you -- better to know when you're at home than when you're already in Florida!

Hugs to you and your sister too. I hope her surgery is easy and that you're able to relax and just be there for her.

Love ya
Cats
Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Sister surgery came out fine, she's home asleep, now.

Called the forfeiture office in Fla. and they said car will be released to Mr. Moose as soon as they get copy of title.

I said, after you get copy, I will need some verification either by email, or written that it WILL be released.

Hugs and hugs........
Old 09-27-2010, 04:50 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Oh boy, what a mess! You are much braver than I am. Although exabf tried to get me to cosign for a motorcycle, I trusted my gut and said no, over and over again.

I can tell you one thing about Florida, every time you think everything is ok, the DMV comes up with a new roadblock. You might want to go on line and the search Talahassee DMV. Somehow they may be related to the vehicle's impounding and so forth.

I am glad that your sister is ok, that is a positive.

Hugs,
Old 09-27-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Moose, I'm sorry to hear about your son, but happy that your son is not still out on the street. As far as your car that's impounded goes, you need to call the sherrifs dept where he was arrested, and tell them that it's your car. Show proof of your payments, and then take it from there. I hope this helps in some ways moose. I'm sorry about your son. Even though we detach with love from our children. We still love them and want them to do well. The reality of it all is sad. My heart goes out to you.