What is this behavior?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
sorry..sober living environment
Ah. Thanks.

Yes, she wants to do that, but she needs money to do that. Rehab has pretty much eaten up our savings and extended our credit. She'll need to stay at home for at least a month, and go back to work, so she has the money for a sle. We're doing everything we can to provide the sle, as long as needed.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

She says she's looking forward to making new friends. This is a very positive attitude, and indicative of moving forward and knowing that she'll have to leave the toxic friends behind.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

thats really big!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
thats really big!
Is it? Is making new friends usually a large hurdle? If feel very good about it, just don't know how big it is.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

with the right attitude she should do very well at surrounding herself with healthy friends - especially if she attends healthy recovery meetings!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tormentedmirror View Post
I hope so, too. The problem with anticonvulsants is that they have pretty bad side effects. Liver damage, gum disease, can't think clearly or concentrate, sleepy all the time, weight gain, weight loss, acne...the list goes on and on. She's really kind of between a rock and a hard place.
Yeah, I was on neurontin and it caused me to fall asleep in the middle of the day. I am off it now (was taking it for anxiety, not seizures) and I am glad not to need it, because before I learned the tools I have, I could not cope without meds.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:57 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

For the first time, in a long time, she called today to simply talk to me, not because she needs something.

She has gotten out for a total of 3 meetings outside of the treatment center since yesterday.

The only thing I find annoying in all of this, is that the counselors wait until the last minute to let them know if they'll have day passess/weekend passes, and it prevents me from making plans. I'm excited to see her, and that's my preference for the weekend, but if she doesn't get the pass, then I've not had an opportunity to make other plans.