Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Old 05-13-2010, 02:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There are two days in every week that we should not worry about, two days that should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One is yesterday, with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed, forever beyond our control.

All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed. Nor can we erase a single word we've said - yesterday is gone!

The other day we shouldn't worry about is tomorrow, with its impossible adversaries, its burden, its hopeful promise and poor performance. Tomorrow is beyond our control.

Tomorrow's sun will rise either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds - but it will rise. And until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.

This leaves only one day - today. Any person can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when we add the burdens of yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.

It is not the experience of today that drives people mad - it is the remorse of bitterness for something which happened yesterday, and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Let us, therefore, live one day at a time!

Author Unknown
Old 05-13-2010, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I was pondering something this morning, and this poem came to mind and I thought I'd share it here.

Too many times I live in the "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" thoughts of the past. No matter how many times I run old "stuff" through my mind, in the end I cannot change a moment of what I did or might have done...but I can learn from all of it and grow.

And too many times I have lived in fear in the "What If" realm of tomorrow, when all I can do is live my life doing my best today and then letting tomorrow unfold as it may.

Both those worlds rob me of my "Today". I cannot control the past, I cannot control the future, but just for today I can do what is right for me and know that is enough. I can enjoy nature and listen to the birds as they sing just before sunrise. I can smell the spring blossoms and know that the world is unfolding exactly as it is supposed to unfold. And I can use prayer and meditation to connect with the One who holds tomorrow in His hands.

How will YOU live today? You get to decide and choose. What will you do today to make it wonderful and worth living?

Hugs
Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thank you (((((Ann))) for this post. I am having a good day filled with hope and faith that everything is gonna be alright.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Me too, Splendra

Something that helps me is the old saying "If you can't change your circumstance, change your attitude". When I look forward to a beautiful, healthy day, most times I find it.

Hugs
Old 05-13-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm just about caught up with everything I've blown off and going to take care of something I've neglected -- clothes! I discovered I can't even give away some of the stuff I wear because they're threadbare! I've never done retail therapy before and I think it's a good time to see what it's all about
Old 05-13-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann..like the posts..in the moments of today...can make the most of,like many much regret..for certain past ways of living and doing...mostly alcohol related...to try so hard to change to a better person, and refine yourself, to become who you aspire to be,
free from the trappings,sappings,deformaties..of addiction...is the way to be free..in the moments of this day...
Old 05-13-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That was great Ann -- and timely! Thank you!