I feel the chaos about to begin

Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel the chaos about to begin

Hi Guys,

I haven't seen the AD since the first of March when she took her sober self out to get high. She ended the week long bender by having a psychotic episode. She's relatively well now and wants to come for the weekend and I'll happily have her.

Here's the beginnings of the chaos: she sounds a little stoned on the phone, she keeps not calling me back and rushing me off when I try to firm up the arrangements and I get the feeling she's telling 2 different tales. Telling the people at her group home she's coming here and telling me she wont be able to come. So that everyone she's accountable to thinks she's accounted for. (like telling your mom you're spending the night with a girlfriend and sneaking off with some guy). Her payee gave her $150 to use for travelling expences.

But I see it as chaos and I'm not buying into it. I'm detaching, not from the girl, but from the chaos. I know it's there and I see it for what it is, but I refuse to let it (or the details of it) consume me. So she can fiddle fart around trying to get over on us all and only fool herself. This time I'm not buying it and it's not going to cause me stress, grief, or worry. I have to save myself for the day she shows up psychotic.

Tomorrow morning the sun will rise with or without her and I choose not to spend my life living in a chaotic, stress filled mode.

I hope.

cb
Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

Amen to that ! I admire your strength ((HUGS))
Old 04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aw, this is rather heartbreaking to be honest. I admire your strength, and I think that's great! Stick to it! I just really feel for you, and your situation! Just wanted to send some love!