Things were going well!

Old 03-25-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things were going well!

I haven't posted in a while because things were going well. My addict son had six months of staying clean and now has relapsed. We kicked him out, but he scheduled meetings with counselors etc. and we begrudgingly gave him another chance - that was one week ago. Now I discover money missing so we have done what I have read so much about - kicked him out, this time for good.

It has to be in our Higher Power's hands now. The last six months had been a blessing. Getting to know our son that had been gone for years.

So so sad - my heart just aches for EVERY addict out there as well as their loved ones.

You all supported me during the turmoil of taking my son to rehab and I'm happy you are all here with me again.

Kelly
Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Sorry to hear your news.

It often takes many attempts at sobriety before it lasts, many trips to rehab, and lots of consequences.
Be patient
U did the right thing by getting out of the way.
The less you are consumed by your son, the more you can be consumed by
the things you enjoy...getting him out will makes this easier 4 you.

Ea. morning say a prayer to your higher power to watch over your son,
keep him safe and then release him for the day so that you're are
not filled w/ angst but free to have a serene day. I did this for yrs. and
it helped me.
I also began a spiritual journey and took a realistic look @ my own life; then I made changes to be my best self.
All my relationships improved.
When my son got sober we were both in a better place. We have a relationship now that I never could have imagined.
Hang in there!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your son's relapse, but you did the right thing. I do understand the heartache of a mother because my 32 year old AD refuses to seek recovery.

I will share with you that I relapsed after 4 years clean/sober. It was painful, and thank God there was no one to pick me up or rescue me.

I finally drug myself up the long flight of steps to my home group and started over again.

That was August 5 of 1990, and I've been clean/sober ever since.

We do recover.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for your posts - they are comforting. It was so painful watching him carry his stuff to his truck this morning and pulling away. I do know, in my heart, it is the right thing but - as you all know, it is so very very painful.

Thanks again - it does help relieve the guilt and reaffirm that there is hope. I know my higher power loves him more than I ever can and that is where I must leave it.

You all are awesome...Kelly
Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm sorry to hear about your son. My husband kicked his AS out of his house more than a year ago. We had hopes recently (some signs of possible recovery), but have learned since then that he is drinking again, perhaps using crack, and he has begun his hold manipulative ways with his siblings.

The difference this time around....we know better than to believe his words, we will only believe his actions. Time will out, as they say.

Left long enough to fend on their own, your son, my stepson, and perhaps all addicts, will have a shot at true recovery.

Hugs and prayers, HG