13 Days

Old 03-23-2010, 10:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 13 Days

13 days ince I left, I went and moved all of our furniture out and put it in storage- So its final. I'm not going to lie and say it is easy- its not. We are still at the transition house and will be here till May 1- but I am grateful there are places like this where we can go to get help. I am proud of myself for leaving before I went and hit rock bottom along with him.

I dont do drugs- so I cant understand why I would let them impact my life and my childrens. I am fighting feelings of really being dissapointed with myself, but am glad that I am no longer constantly complaining- that I took control of my life instead of trying to control his.

Over the past few days I've really felt free- as if a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders...every once in a while I catch myself thinking about what he is doing etc. but I snap myself out quickly with a reminder that I can explain to my children why we are in the shelter I am protecting them....I could never explain why there was a drug addict in the house.

Please keep the prayers coming and I thank you all for listening- just knowing someone is really gives me strength.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Aw, sweetie, I am wishing you and your children brighter days ahead and a future filled with love and peace.

You are very brave, it's not easy to make such a big step, but you're a strong woman and you will be just fine. Protecting your children from the chaos of addiction is one of the most loving things you will ever do.

My prayers go out for you and your children, that one day soon you can settle and feel secure once again.

Big Hugs
Old 03-24-2010, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm my own best friend

Please keep the prayers coming and I thank you all for listening- just knowing someone is really gives me strength.

AMEN!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. We are with you on your journey. Stay in the present, and congratulations!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am fighting feelings of really being dissapointed with myself, but am glad that I am no longer constantly complaining- that I took control of my life instead of trying to control his.
Please keep fighting those feelings. You were given an opportunity to learn and grow and you have
Old 03-24-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by findmyway View Post

....I took control of my life instead of trying to control his.
Some of the most powerful words I have read on this forum.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can explain to my children why we are in the shelter I am protecting them....I could never explain why there was a drug addict in the house.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Finding Truth Within

Originally Posted by findmyway View Post
...every once in a while I catch myself thinking about what he is doing etc. but I snap myself out quickly
On my better days, if I catch myself thinking of axbf or his girlfriend, I visualize the thoughts as a piece of paper. Then, I imagine crushing them into a ball and tossing them into the trash, where they belong.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What a gift you have given yourself and your children! Please know I will be keeping all of you in my prayers! :ghug3
Old 03-25-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
grateful rca

you and your kids are in my prayers. i agree with ann, you are a strong mom and i admire your courage. there really are better days ahead and i pray that come soon.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are a brave and courageous mom. I am praying for you and your children!