He calls from Rehab

Old 11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He calls from Rehab

I've been doing pretty good, except.. when he calls from rehab. He's been there since Thursday last week, the night before he dropped diapers off for our daughter (wow.. first time for everything), then the day of he requested a few pictures of his daughter to keep with him. I gave in, and gave him a few pictures. It all started with kicking him out, and every time he called I would respond "I'm sorry, you can't call here anymore unless you get sober" (every single time...). Well, he sent me a message saying "I'm going to rehab tomorrow, want to drop some diapers off". Great! Awesome!

But, I don't agree with rehab one bit.. they're been giving him methadone and suggesting it for long term use along with some kind of sleeping pill he takes 4 times daily. I got what I wanted... he's going to rehab, trying to fix his life according to everyone that was around him he got really depressed, wasn't sleeping or eating, and his mother heard him muttering something about "no sense being here no one wants me". Maybe that was his bottom, and maybe he really is doing this for him.. but, I don't know what to think anymore. All I know, is that in the past he's played his share of tricks and pulled the wool over my eyes many times before.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He's not harassing, just calling to update.. he's at least trying, which is much more than what I can say for the last 2.5 years.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Cynical... let the pros at rehab handle him for now. Either he will sincerely work the program or he won't... time to put the focus on you. Maybe set a boundary that he only can call you once a week from rehab... this protects you from being upset any more than you have to.