Great article on DETACHMENT

Old 08-24-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great article on DETACHMENT

I thought this was a very informative and comprehensive article about "detachment" ... or "letting go".

I hope you find serenity today.

====================

Developing Detachment | LIVESTRONG.COM
Old 08-24-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I added this to the ffa forum too tjp, thanks for posting it It's full of great information.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear tjp613,

You are right. This is a GREAT article. Very, very informative and instructive. I've bookmarked it.

Thanks so much for sharing it.

Electa
Old 08-24-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for this. I really need it right now.

My son's girlfriend is calling, she needs money to get him out of jail. She only needs $80 more dollars. He was arrested this morning on a bench warrant for failure to pay child support. This is a REAL SORE SPOT FOR ME. His father never paid support to me when my boys were little. Really pissed me off! My son knows exactly how I feel about this issue.

I read this article - I am repeating this line over and over and over

Detachment is:

Ability to let people you love and care for accept personal responsibility for their own actions and to practice tough love and not give in when they come to you to bail them out when their actions lead to failure or trouble for them.

repeating, repeating, repeating. Damn, this is hard!

My son has had a very hard life, for various reason, some of which were beyond his control when he was a child, and had to live with his dad. The court would not let me have custody because I was not his biological mother.

He did finally break free of his father at age 13, turning him in for drugs. Did come live with me eventually as a foster parent, and I adopted him, finally, when he was 22 years old.

He really has endured a great deal. I feel bad. I keep feeling I need to give him the money. He has had addiction issues of his own, but has really been working on getting it together for the past several months. At the end of July, he had arranged with child support enforcement for a wage withholding order. He finally got a job a few months ago. They were supposed to pull the bench warrant, but apparently it had not been pulled yet, as of this morning. I checked this out with the court, and it is the case. I just want to do what I keep telling myself I shouldn't do.

repeat, repeat, repeat!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That IS a tough one Wuzzled. Ouch. $80?

How far in arrears is he?