mourning my brother

Old 08-08-2009, 11:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I am a mother of a 20 year old meth addict. That is my worst nightmare. Every phone call ,every knock on the door I fear the worse . I had a close friend of the family pass away of a herion overdose, he was only 21. I hope you can find peace within yourself. Again so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with u.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Too many children, brothers, sisters, loved ones lost to this monster called addiction...........I'm very sorry to read about your brother......and believe he lives on ~ in you and through you ~
Old 08-09-2009, 03:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just want you to know that it is so sad this is an on going thing with these kids...my brother was 26; my brother and I are all my mother has, and she is devistated(as am I). I have no clue how to help her through this, its only been a couple months. I am trying to help myself so that I can give her some support. I know that you and I and anyone who didnt do these things to themselves cannot understand. How do you cope with everyday living...I have a 6 and 7 year old? They are so hurt; any suggestions??
Sincerely, Sedra
Old 08-09-2009, 03:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i truly understand how you feel. My brother was 26 and I am 38; we are all my mother and family have. I am so sad for you to know this pain as a mother(i have a 6/7 yr old). I want to help my mother but I am not him and I am not enough; eventhough we always got along terrific, you know how it is with a son and mother...how do you deal with this pain?? just know I am here, if you have any suggestions I can give my mother it would be greatly appreciated...

my love and prayers to you and yours, Sedra
Old 08-09-2009, 03:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I really need to hear that from someone that has been there! please hang in there and stay strong. You are amazing and can obviously overcome anything....I will always listen... Thank you so very much....Sedra
Old 08-09-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

love her every minute she is with u and try not to give in to her needs....they know how we love them so they get what they need. Stay strong!

prayers and love, Sedra
Old 08-09-2009, 03:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You know as a sister you always think you can fix things...its not true! i am here if you ever need to talk! i will pray for you so very much...i really feel you! such a terrible tragedy!
hugs and love Sedra
Old 08-09-2009, 04:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((sskaye))))

I am so sorry for your loss. I read something in the book "Farther Down the Road Less Traveled" that called addiction a sacred disease and that addicts miss "home" more than the rest of the population. I pray that you and your family will find peace and that your brother has gone home to rest.

I have 3 addicted siblings and I worry about them a lot. I know they are in great pain and they miss home but I hope they will stay a little while longer.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

sskaye
I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother.
I also lost my brother to an OD in January of '05.
I spent alot of time with him just prior to his death as he helped me move out of my marital home due to my exah's addiction.
I had NO idea my brother was also struggling with a heroin addiction at the time.
I must have said some very hateful things to my brother about addicts in general as he helped me move my belongings and my son to a new home.
And, the day after he helped me move, I got the call that John died of a drug overdose.
Shock isn't even the word for what I felt.
I was in shock for months. And often times I was so freakin' LIVID at him for putting our parents thru that hell. I wanted so badly to be able to do something or say something that would ease my parent's pain. And I felt guilty for being so angry...And I felt so bad that I said such hateful things about addicts not knowing he was addicted to heroin...having no idea...how my words must have cut...And I also felt incredible sadness and loss.. My emotions were raw and all over the map. They washed over me in waves and they were so intense.
The only thing I can say is that things will get more bearable with the passage of time.
Eventually, the wild emotional swings you are feeling will settle down and happy memories of your brother will replace the chaos and pain. It just takes time.
I know you want to do something to help your mom...the best and only thing you can do is stay close and let her know you love her and that you grieve beside her. She's blessed to have a daughter like you who loves her so much.

My deepest sympathy to you, your mom, and everyone effected by your brother's death.
My son was 5 when my brother died. The night before his death, he played with my son with his new racetrack. John got down on the floor and played with my son like few adults would or could. And my son, now age 10, has very dear memories of his Uncle John. We talk about him often. We can't shield our kids from the pain...your kids will be okay too...don't be afraid to let them know that your sad...don't try to shield them...when your able, talk to them about your happy memories of your brother so they have something wonderful to remember him by.

Again, my heartfelt sympathies.
Mary
Old 08-10-2009, 04:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

i am so sorry for your loss. my prayers are with you.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Prayers and condolences to you and your family. It is such a tragedy.