Another one lost..

Old 07-25-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No Day But Today

Another one lost..

Almost been a week now. I think the shock has finally worn off. My best friend's best friend, Kylie, passed away recently.

I didn't know her well, but the news still hit me like a ton of bricks. Kylie, her best friend, her boyfriend (the driver), and his best friend all planned their high school graduation road trip to go to California. They made it as far as Olympia, Washington. The boyfriend claims to have fallen asleep at the wheel, which caused the SUV to go off road. Kylie was trapped and burned to death, along with her best friend. The other two are in critical condition. Officials are charging the boyfriend, and possibly making the charge out to be "vehicular homicide". Why you may ask? They doing tests to find out, but they are positive he was high behind the wheel. That's right. Before that long drive from Calgary AB to California, it is strongly suspected that he smoked weed....

We lost 2 girls fresh from high school because someone wanted to get high.

Kylie's boyfriend just lost his girlfriend, forever. He killed her. And her best friend. Possibly the third girl as well. Recently my ex told me that any consequence was worth it to continue to smoke weed. Think Kylie's boyfriend would agree?

RIP Kylie. <3 You were an angel.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm so sorry, how sad it is when something like this happens, and something like this happens far too often.

My prayers go out for all of them and all who love them.

So sad,

Hugs
Old 07-25-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sad. Makes me want to send this to my kids and say..."see... I am not crazy.. this stuff does happen. Sometimes when people are stone sober... but the risk is even greater when someones smokes weed" Unfortunately, because dear old Dad is high most of the time... "oh he just smokes a little weed"... they think smoking is no big deal. It's a big one to me and I am sure to these families that were destroyed. So sad.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

28days~ So sorry to hear about this! I will remember them and their familes in my prayers.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No Day But Today

It's too bad that it takes something like this for people to learn. But it's too late for them to learn it...People say that things like this don't happen. Or it won't happen to them. Did Kylie and Mikelle wake up expecting it that day. Think they thought it would happen to them? I bet not. I always hear people say "well, it hasn't happened to me yet, so why worry?". Sometimes there is no second chance. Sometimes it only has to happen once. All we can hope is that people learn from mistakes, but they never do...

I still feel my heart breaking for her. And her family.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still Standing

This is so sad. Thanks for posting this, 28Days. Maybe someone who comes in here and reads this will be spared. We never know. I wish my son would read it, but he'd just act like I was lecturing him again.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers foir all who are impacted by this.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Gee, Honey, I'm so sorry
Old 07-25-2009, 11:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh that is tragic, look at how many lives are or have been effected by this. Some to never to the same again after loosing the love of their life.

I beleive at onetime our hospital had a program running, they took kids into intensive care in the hospital and showed them what the end result can be from drinking/drugging and driving. I don't think they have it anymore as I have not heard about it in sometime, but I am going to look further into it.

Just so sorry to hear of this....

Rose
Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of such young people!:praying
Old 07-26-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
No Day But Today

Thank you for the support guys. It's still really hard knowing that she's gone. And for what?

Maybe this will make is obvious to some that this DOES happen. And it CAN happen to them..
Old 07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

so very sad.

:praying