the Mom who faked kidnapping

Old 05-29-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the Mom who faked kidnapping

Is anyone following the story of the Mom who faked a kidnapping of her & her daughter that was found at Disney World? She borrowed her friends id to make travel arrangements. The same friend also discovered that there had been money withdrawn from her 401K account but doesnt know who cashed the check yet. The Mom had also withdrawn a large sum of money from her & hubbys accounts.

Just wondering how many people here see evidence of addiction in her behavior?

Since we may never know if they dont report it I also wonder if I will see evidence of addiction in people forever?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cool

Hey Suspicious ---

"...Just wondering how many people here see evidence of addiction in her behavior?..." --- not me. I just saw bad behavior.

...and remember what I said in another thread.....sometimes bad behavior is just that----bad behavior. Don't go presuming that if there's bad behavior it must be from addiction; in fact, in most cases it isn't.....it is what it is.

"...I also wonder if I will see evidence of addiction in people forever?..." --- if you change your thinking, and remind yourself that bad behavior is just that---bad behavior, and probably doesn't have anything to do with addiction. Bad behavior is NOT evidence of addiction. Perhaps there will come a time when you come to see addiction in 'fewer' people.....good enuff....?

NoelleR
Old 05-30-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Suspicious

HMMMM? Certainly doesn't sound like your normal, everyday, good neighbor huh?

I have to agree with you something ain't right!!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-30-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Suspicious View Post
Is anyone following the story of the Mom who faked a kidnapping of her & her daughter that was found at Disney World? She borrowed her friends id to make travel arrangements. The same friend also discovered that there had been money withdrawn from her 401K account but doesnt know who cashed the check yet. The Mom had also withdrawn a large sum of money from her & hubbys accounts.

Just wondering how many people here see evidence of addiction in her behavior?

Since we may never know if they dont report it I also wonder if I will see evidence of addiction in people forever?

I haven't been following it too closely, but it wouldn't surprise me.
I hope they get the help they need.

When I was in college a friend of mine faked her kidnapping, I was also friends with her daughter, it was so bizarre and upsetting to so many.