Update on nephew in Foster Home

Old 05-25-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on nephew in Foster Home

Hey all, my bro Dave's computer needs to get re-booted, or he'd be on here. He's attended 3 Nar-ANon meetings, and talks to the people aftewards. He todl ME I needed to go back to Nar-Anon, because I was talking about where Mari was going to live after she gets out of jail. He told me that it was her responsibilty to figure it out!!! She's due to go into jail on thursday for 60 days. The next CPS hearing for the kid is Wednesday. Hopefully he can come back home after Thursday. We let Mari come back to the house after de-tox because she was clean. The next day she came down w/ a real bad cold. SHe couldn't go to NA or visit w/ kid b/c she was so sick! Dave went to Nar-Anon Saturday and I gave him a ride home. When we got there, her car had been moved, she had gone out. When Dave came to the door of her bedroom, she immediately ran into the bathroom. Oh, weellll....we're not even shocked anymore, hardly shrug our shoulders. She'll be in jail Thursday, if she wants to Withdraw AGAIN thats her choice. SHe knows CPS is going to demand a weekly drug test when she gets out of jail. At this point we are just going to focus on OUR stuff (Kids, work, house, pool, BEACH) and have ourselves a nice summer.

This is not even as big as my family is, most of them will be over at some point this summer to have lots SOBER fun!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers go out for Mari, she probably hates how she is more than anyone else does. It's just sad to see how addiction controls them and tears families apart.

Hugs to you and all who love her.