Happy Mother's Day!

Old 05-10-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Talking Happy Mother's Day!

To all the Moms here!!!

I know it's a hard road we travel, sometimes. But, each of us brought home a beautiful child of the Universe. We had all the hopes of the world in our bundles of joy. And our children never grew up with the dream of someday being a drug addict.

So, just for today, let's remember the joy of holding our babies for the first time. Feel that flooding of joy fill our hearts once more. Remember how we thought it would burst with joy! That baby is still our child today. Remember the joy - just for today. Do something good for yourself!

Happy Mother's Day! :ghug2

Shalom!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for reminding me of that! my son was such a big beautiful baby - he was a momma's boy until just a few years ago. I had a reminder of that when i visited him this last week. He cut all of his hair off - i havent seen it that short since he was about 8 or 9 and would get a buzz cut in the summer - back when we were close. Suddenly he looked just like my little boy again and i had a rush of good memories of his childhood. It hasnt all been bad.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will be visiting my son today in rehab and seeing him clean is the best mothers day of all. On the other side of town there will be the Make A Wish truck convoy, every year they raise thousands of dollars for children that are dying, so they can have a last wish. The wish children also get to ride along in the trucks and they just love it. We have two trucks running in the convoy this year along with hundreds of other great truckers. If you have never seen one it is something to behold, people line the streets to watch. It makes a great day for the children and the mothers. Happy Mothers day!!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks Teach. Though most of us are not exactly what Hallmark had in mind on those Happy Mother's Day cards, I think we should be extra nice to ourselves today regardless of our situation.

I am taking a drive in the country, and catching an art show along the way, dining out and just being spoiled because I deserve it

My son is in God's hands, as always, and I added a special prayer today that he somehow know he is loved.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas here.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for the push to take care of me. It's not been an easy day.... but I am strong and I will take pleasure in the fact that did I did bring two beautiful babies into this world and that I have a wonderful and loving Mom who loves me.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Thanks Teach for the good memories.

Happy Mothers Day to you to!
You're a terrific mom!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Hey, Teach!

See you are still hanging in there! Are you living north or south? I often think of you and wonder where you are living now.

Thanks for the thread. We all here share the same kind of pain at times but yes, we can all look back with smiles on our faces and joy in our hearts for the child(ren) we raised. While we only have them on loan for such a short time, we can at least take comfort in those earlier memories.

We also have to realize that they got themselves in trouble when THEY started making their own life decisions! See, they should have listed to their mothers...!!!! lol

I know my RAD is still a bit angry and resentful with me because of what she thinks I should have or should not have done during her active addiction but that is HER choice and something she has to work out. She did come over today with grandbaby but I know her action of not giving me a card or present is just her passive/aggressive way of letting me know that. At this time, I choose to ignore it and let her continue to grow in her recovery. Since I know I cannot change her perspective, I need to respect that she has these feelings and unless she actively hurts one of us openly, I won't deprive her of that unless she wants to deal with it.

At least no one can take away the fact that it is Mother's Day and by God, I am a mother and I will celebrate that fact and think about those wonderful days when they were little and I had control!! (or thought I did!!) lol

Happy Mother's Day, All!

Hugs,
Marteen
Old 05-10-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My husband hand picked wild daisies for me from the field next door. My son came over, gave me a gift card, and hung out for a while. My RAD gave me hugs when my husband broke my eggs yolks while flipping over my eggs. They were the last ones in the carton and we're all seriously anal retentive about our eggs LOL!

Love and hugs, it's the best Mom's Day I've had in years
Old 05-10-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marteen View Post
Hey, Teach!

At least no one can take away the fact that it is Mother's Day and by God, I am a mother and I will celebrate that fact and think about those wonderful days when they were little and I had control!! (or thought I did!!) lol
Marteen
Amen to that!!! Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mothers out there. (including me )
Old 05-10-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Teach... Happy Mothers day to you. Hope it was filled with peace and joy.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

happy mother's day to the most loving, thoughtful, beautiful, hard a$$ group of women i know...

with love,
sue
Old 05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks, Teach. I appreciate your message, and all of you moms who walk this path with me.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I just love happy news. Yesterday the Make A Wish truck convoy was a huge success 370 trucks showed up with 100 make a wish children, they raised over three hundred thousand dollars, that will fulfill a lot of wishes. It is a bitter sweet day.
We got to see our son in rehab, he bought me a rose and card, with money he earned cleaning, then we got to take him out to dinner for 2 hours. He is doing wonderful and we had so much fun, it is so nice to see him back as my son and not an active addict. I know this could be short lived, but for now I am happy with hope. It was really one of the best mothers days I have ever had. I hope everyone had a wonderful day, I know there are many that didn't get to see their children, so I feel very thankful.