Need help and support fast!!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 10:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Muf

I'm so sorry he relapsed but maybe this will be good for him,maybe he will think about the life without drugs now.
Both of my son relapsed 4-5 times before the finally was so sick and tired of that life,they both said they would kill themselves,the one went so far as calling me and passing out on the phone in a motel and I didn't know where,I had to let go and hope he was just crying for help.
My sons where both older than one 32 the other 27.they are both very clean and sober.
I know your son will make it,I know what you are going through
Muf
Old 05-08-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((dorton))) when I posted on your thread yesterday, little did I know that I would have that same phone last nite. (see my new thread) You did good, and hopefully this relapse of your sons will just be a minor bump in the road of his recovery.

Lots of Mom to Mom hugs coming your way.
Chris
Old 05-08-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You know i think things happen for a reason and in their own time. had you talked to him at rehab maybe he wouldnt have believed you but now you have shown him that you are serious. Be very very clear when talking to him and always be very sure of what consequences you can really enforce. For example, with my son's age (16) there's no way i could tell him he would be thrown out of the home so i would never use that as a consquence - instead i tell him that i'll inform his PO if he breaks house rules.

I would also recommend some type of counseling one on one because of his recent threats just to see where he really is at emotionally and have a psyche evaluation done. I have a boundary with my son that if he threatens suicide i call 911 and he goes to the hospital - if he tells me he's depressed then i get him in front of his counselor quickly - you dont want them to not talk to you if they are feeling that way but they must get help - if its empty screaming threats then 911 is the best thing - if its him talking to you rationally then counseling would be in order.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We have written do not pawn on all of the more valuable stuff, laptop, game system, etc. I think I was very clear when I talked to him at least I hope I was. I told him some pretty tough things like not to call me for bail money, not to call me if Bubba was doing unspeakable things to him in jail (only I didn't put it that nice) I was actually hateful about it when I told him. I have been nice for so long and it has gotten me no where maybe being a stone cold bit** will help. It may very well have broken our relationship but if it keeps him alive I will learn to deal with that. I would rather have him alive and clean and have no relationnship rather than have him dead. He did pass a drug screen last night so he is allowed to drive only to look for a job. He also has chores to do at home as well.